“Broken toilet”

Ranked #73 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Bridgton, Maine
“Broken toilet”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

we satyed here at Christmas time lovely. Went back for a family wedding. booked 2 rooms , needless to say not very good hade problems w. our bathroom. The manger did nothing sent repair guy but no luck lots of inconvenice, so no grade A from us will not go back. I stay in a lot of comfort suties but will not recamend this one at all.

Room Tip: look on trip advisor, freinds
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
William M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to share your experience. I offer our sincere apologies. I am very sorry that you had the problems that you had with the toilet in one of your rooms. I have been speaking with our staff to try to determine what happened, or did not happen, and what we can do to improve our service in that area. I also apologize because apparently I was either misinformed or misunderstood the magnitude of the problem. Clogged toilets are a fairly common occurrence in hotels, and rarely require more than a plunger. My understanding was that our staff had plunged and cleared yours several times over the 3 day length of your stay, and in doing so, each time they found objects in it that should not have been in a toilet which explained why it was clogging. It was also my understanding that when they finished each time, it was clear and working properly. I have verified that there were no problems with it prior to your check in on Jan. 17, and there have been none since your checkout on Jan. 20. Our Front Desk staff also offered to move you to another room several times, in case there was a more serious problem with your toilet, and you declined those offers. I am just stating all of this in hopes that you can see that I am somewhat confused or perplexed with respect to this issue. Being over the weekend, I was not as fully in touch as I normally would be for most of the time you were here, and I was under the impression that it was being handled to your satisfaction. Again, thank you! And, since you did mention that your previous stay was "lovely," we do hope you will consider staying with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed January 9, 2014

we were forced to stay overnight in charlotte and chose the Comfort Suites. Good choice because their staff here is great! I booked a room quickly and the rate was perfect for distressed passengers. I was checked in by Tasha at the front desk & she was wonderful. She helped print my boarding pass that I had no clue what I was doing. The drivers of the shuttle can take you to restaurants & convenient stores close by, which is wonderful if you dont have a vehicle. I doubt if im ever returning to Charlotte but If anyone is looking for a nice clean hotel with friendly staff this is the place to be! They go above and beyond to make their guest more comfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for staying with us! And, for taking the time to write this very nice review! We sincerely appreciate your recognition of many of our best features, especially our employees, and specifically Tasha, in this case. I have communicated your comments on to Tasha and the rest of our staff, and they are most appreciative of your positive feedback. Thanks again – we look forward to having you back with us, hopefully under better circumstances next time!
Victor, New York
Reviewed January 8, 2014

LISA the shuttle driver and LESLIE at the front desk were so wonderful during our unplanned stay in Charlotte. We had to make last minute arrangements from airport during a big storm and Lisa was at the airport within 15 minutes of our phone call and Leslie was very helpful checking us in. These two ladies work very hard at their jobs and made our stay much nicer!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
William M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you sooo much for choosing our hotel and for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and thank you again for mentioning two of our outstanding staff members, Lisa and Leslie. They exemplify our entire staff of dedicated professionals, all of whom work hard to make sure every guest has an exceptional experience. Your recognition of them is sincerely appreciated, and will be a great motivator for all of our staff members. We hope to see you again, preferably under more pleasant circumstances!
Farmington, Missouri, Usa
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

I called this hotel after our flight home was cancelled. Leslie the receptionist was so helpful on the phone. She booked us a room and said the free shuttle would be at the airport soon to pick us up. The shuttle arrived and took us on a short drive to the hotel. Leslie greeted us at the desk and checked us in. We stayed in a 2 Queen bed suite. It was very big! Equipped with microwave, refrigerator, and coffee pot, vanity separate from bathroom. Laundry on site, which we used since our flight was cancelled. We also swam a bit in the indoor pool. The continental breakfast was great-biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, sausage, etc. Overall a great place to stay. If ever in the Charlotte area again would definitely stay at this hotel!

• Stayed January 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us, and for taking the time and effort to share your experience. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! And, thank you for mentioning many of our best and strongest points, one of which, of course, is our employees, in this case, Leslie. Our entire staff takes pride in our hotel and our employees do their best to ensure a great experience for each and every guest. Your comments about Leslie will serve to motivate her and all of our staff members to continue striving for excellence in everything we do. Positive feedback is a great thing, and again, very much appreciated. We hope to see you back again, hopefully under better circumstances next time. We will do our best to make your next stay even better!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Just wanted to say "Way to go, Comfort Suites!" when you hired Leslie. She works the front desk and she most definitely knows how to do her job. The hotel is full tonight and I watched her check in guests, answer the phone, and answer questions ALL AT THE SAME TIME without missing a beat. I sincerely hope that you recognize the asset that she is to your establishment here. Employees of her caliber are few and far between. I just wanted someone to know how impressed I was!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
William M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us, and for your tremendous review! Yes, Leslie is a fantastic example of what we strive for in our hotel, and we thank you so much for taking the time to write this great review and recognize her outstanding performance. Your words serve to motivate our entire staff to continue to do our best for our guests. We are so glad you were pleased, and hope to see you back with us again!
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed January 4, 2014

this hotel had mixed reviews so i was kind of questioning my upcoming stay there. The hotel is beautiful, as was my suites. I loved the extra space and privacy door. It had a fresh smell and clean terry/linen. I was greeted by a big beautiful smile from Ms.Tasha & I immediately felt at home. Check in was fast & easy and to top it off she let me check in early!!! breakfast was tasty with plenty of options to choose from, I will most definitely return to Comfort Suites Airport on my next trip. Thanks for making our stay comfortable!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank TERRY M
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for your wonderful review! What can I say, you say it all! Thank you soooo much for mentioning many of our strongest qualities, including Tasha, one of our senior staff members. We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay, and your kind words inspire us all to continue giving our best so all of our guests can have a great experience. We look forward to having you back so we can try to do even better!
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed December 25, 2013

The suite was spacious and included a refrigerator, microwave and a sink. A vanity area was separate from the bathroom. Televisions were located in both rooms. An ice machine was conveniently located close to the room. A door separated the bedroom from living space for privacy. The suite was very clean and odor free.
The free continental breakfast provided a good variety of choices and is one of the best I've experienced. Although I didn't get to use them, there is a good size pool and a workout room with the basic machines.
The staff was friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
William M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review! We truly appreciate you sharing your experience. We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay, and thanks again for mentioning so many of the great features of our hotel. We hope to see you back with us and will do our best to make your next stay even better!