“this hotel is the bomb!”

Comfort Suites Airport
Ranked #67 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Miami Beach, Florida
“this hotel is the bomb!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

this hotel had mixed reviews so i was kind of questioning my upcoming stay there. The hotel is beautiful, as was my suites. I loved the extra space and privacy door. It had a fresh smell and clean terry/linen. I was greeted by a big beautiful smile from Ms.Tasha & I immediately felt at home. Check in was fast & easy and to top it off she let me check in early!!! breakfast was tasty with plenty of options to choose from, I will most definitely return to Comfort Suites Airport on my next trip. Thanks for making our stay comfortable!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank TERRY M
William M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for your wonderful review! What can I say, you say it all! Thank you soooo much for mentioning many of our strongest qualities, including Tasha, one of our senior staff members. We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay, and your kind words inspire us all to continue giving our best so all of our guests can have a great experience. We look forward to having you back so we can try to do even better!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed December 25, 2013

The suite was spacious and included a refrigerator, microwave and a sink. A vanity area was separate from the bathroom. Televisions were located in both rooms. An ice machine was conveniently located close to the room. A door separated the bedroom from living space for privacy. The suite was very clean and odor free.
The free continental breakfast provided a good variety of choices and is one of the best I've experienced. Although I didn't get to use them, there is a good size pool and a workout room with the basic machines.
The staff was friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
William M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review! We truly appreciate you sharing your experience. We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay, and thanks again for mentioning so many of the great features of our hotel. We hope to see you back with us and will do our best to make your next stay even better!
West Virginia
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Suite was nice and fully equipped with microwave/dishwasher/refrigerator. Comfortable bed, two TV sets, lots of room. Staff was very friendly and helpful. First room was near the ice machine and they gladly moved me to a quieter location, although there is some traffic noise due to the location at off-ramp/Interstate junction. They do not recommend walking to nearby restaurants due to traffic but will have the shuttle take you to nearby choices. Very friendly shuttle driver (we discovered that we both lived in Berlin while the Wall was still up). Reasonably priced. Had a good meal at Miguel's Mexican restaurant, a family-run place with lots of locals. Left too early for the free breakfast. I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
William M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and thank you for pointing out many of our positives. We take great pride in giving our guests our best, both in our suites and most importantly, customer service. We hope to see you back with us again!
Ulverston, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 8, 2013

As per the title, we used the hotel as a quick stopover with the hotel shuttle collecting and returning us efficiently. We checked in late at night with missing luggage and the receptionist sorted us out with toiletries etc. Rooms are of a good size and have all the facilities required for a nights stay. If your're expecting a quality breakfast then look elsewhere, toast and coffee to go was what we needed.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
William M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate you pointing out our close proximity to the CLT Airport, and our convenient shuttle service. Also, we do provide quite a few items to help our distressed passengers, as well as guests who might have just forgotten something. I must admit though, I am a little puzzled about your comment with regard to breakfast. Perhaps you checked out early, before our breakfast begins at 6:00 AM. Our complimentary hot breakfast buffet definitely includes toast and coffee, as well as many other items. For early checkouts on weekdays, we also offer our “grab it & go” bags starting at 4:00 AM. They include fruit, a granola bar, a bottle of water and a mint. Again, thank you, and we hope to see you back with us again!
Mechanicsburg, PA
Reviewed November 29, 2013

The hotel is quiet, had an acceptable breakfast, well lit parking lot, and good proximity to Routes 85 and 77, and the Airport. The staff did not initiate helpful service or advice, but did respond with printed handouts when asked for TV channel listings, nearby restaurants, etc. The room was odor free and quiet, had hot water and serviceable mattress and bedding, but felt outdated and tired because of scratched furnishings and older TVs. I didn't use much of the kitchenette, but it seemed to be OK. So, all in all, if you are looking for a budget suite in this area, it's OK, if you have a car; but it's not in safe walking distance of any amenities. The surrounding neighborhood is industrial and lower income residential, so the restaurants within a mile or so are limited to fast food, although it is within a 10 minute drive of a couple of commercial areas that offer good choices. It is also very near the Billy Graham Library, which is worth a visit. In summary, I probably will look for a hotel that is a little newer and has adjacent full service restaurants for a few dollars more the next time I am passing through Charlotte. The reasons I chose this one is I wanted to be located near the intersection of I-77 and I-85 so that it would be convenient regardless of whether I arrived from either route, I wanted a suite with a bedroom door, and it offered the lowest price.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
William M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to review your stay. We are glad to hear that you found your overall stay to be satisfactory. We appreciate you pointing our many of our positives, and the items you mentioned such as furniture, televisions, etc. will be changed out soon as we complete the last phase of our renovations. Please be assured that your valuable feedback will be used to ensure a more pleasant stay for all of our future guests.
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Not a bad hotel. It was a good price just for one night while I attended a conference in Charlotte, NC. Hotel room was okay, the only thing bad with it was the sofa bed. It actually folded in with someone in it. But other than that it was fine. I don't know about staying more than a few nights in it. Breakfast was great, both the food and location. It was included in the room rate and the wi-fi was fine.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
William M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, and for sharing your experience. It appears that your stay in general was a good one, and we appreciate your mentioning some of our good points. Apparently, we fell short of your expectations as far as the sofa in your room was concerned, and I offer our sincere apologies for that. We are in the final stages of renovations, and that problem will definitely be taken care of shortly. We hope to see you back with us so you can try our “new look” and enjoy our improvements!
Greenwood, South Carolina
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I've only been booking through Hot Wire for a short time - this stay was the second booking. In both stays, a "Quality" hotel was booked. I have been pleased both times.
We were in town for a concert, so only stayed the night, arriving around 5 PM and departing by 10 AM the next day.
This hotel Parking lot had sufficient light, hallways were interior, and the area felt safe. The lobby was clean and spacious and the registration desk was always occupied by someone who was friendly and outgoing. The room was clean and well equipped. The bed and bath linens were nice, and the other textiles in the room were also nice. The "wood" furniture was not quite up to par, but certainly quite adequate. I got the impression the hotel was in the process of being refurbished - perhaps the furniture is next on the "to do" list.
The included breakfast was quite sufficient, and its facilities were also more than adequate. The breakfast attendant did a nice job of keeping the food and beverage items well stocked and at the correct temperature.
There are not any casual dining restaurants in the area that I saw, but there were several fast good locations nearby. The registration desk/lobby area was equipped with an area where essential items and snacks were displayed for purchase, although I did not inspect it.
All-in-all this is a more than adequate hotel, and I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and found it to be a good Hotwire Hotel. We appreciate you pointing out many of our positive features and amenities. We are, in fact, going to be completing our renovations shortly, and furniture will be next on our "to do" lost. Also, FYI, we do have a couple of full service restaurants in our area in addition to the fast food. We hope to see you with us again!