“Excellent place to stay with great value” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites Airport

Comfort Suites Airport
Ranked #74 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
New York City, New York
“Excellent place to stay with great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay while visiting North Carolina. The hotel is very clean and the staff is wonderful. They have an indoor pool which is an added bonus. I am thankful I booked early and got a room with a fridge and microwave. My room had a kitchenette area with a sink. I plan to stay here again. Oh, the included breakfast is excellent. They serve grits and sausage biscuit gravy which I absolutely love.

Room Tip: Book Early
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
William M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay. We truly appreciate your recognition of our staff. They work very hard to ensure all guests have a great experience. Also, thanks for mentioning some of our best features such as our big heated pool, suite amenities, and hot breakfast buffet. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

So, we had an offer to stay at a friends house for the night and we now regret passing it up. I figured, it would be best to stay close to the airport so we didn't have to deal with the rush hour traffic. Driving in from the Denver area, I asked my girlfriend to look for a place close to the airport. She found this place on Google with very good reviews. I'm not sure why she didn't use TripAdvisor. Probably because I always tell her "Google Knows everything" lol. Anyway, we arrived and were greeted by a nice young lady and the place seemed fine. The lobby area was clean. We made our way to the room, which upon first glance seemed okay. The sitting area was a nice size and the kitchenette area was clean. However, as we made our way in, I noticed the musty odor that is mentioned in other reviews. I decided to look at some reviews and see if maybe we were the lucky recipient of a room that had not been renovated yet. After reading the reviews and comments from the manager, I figured this must be the case. No problem right? Sure, I called down to the front desk and said to the nice young lady "I see in your reviews, the hotel is having some renovations done and it seems we have received one of the musty smelling rooms that hasn't been addressed yet. Do you have a room that has been renovated, that we can be moved to?" Her response was, "we have been doing some renovations, however not to the rooms. I don't have a nicer room that I can move you to. Sorry." Well, I said to my girlfriend, it's just one night and I don't feel like driving to another hotel. After sitting on the old, run down, uncomfortable love seat watching TV for a while, I said, we should probably move to the bed as it has to be better than this seat. So, we got ready for bed and pulled the comforter back to find sheets that must have been queen size because they definitely didn't fit this king size bed. Whatever, hey the bed has like six pillows on it and two extra in the closet. Great, not, the pillows were plentiful, however they're about half the size of a normal pillow. Okay, I'm tired of trashing the place. Have a look at the pictures (worth a thousand words.) I'm sure with some true renovations, this will be a decent place to stay. I would guess the very good reviews this place has received are the work of some reputation building company or maybe we did just receive one of the older rooms and they didn't want to relocate us. Not returning anytime soon.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
William M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to share your experience. I offer our sincere apologies for falling below your expectations. Yes, we are still in the renovation process, and the next things to come will be new furniture and walls in all of our suites. We have been doing mostly the public areas over the last few months. Once the rooms are complete, which should be over the next couple of months, we will be like new! Again thank you, and we do hope you will return and try out our new look!
Dallas, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

The place is overall clean. It looks like it's under renovation so it's got some work to do. The rooms are very clean and seem like they're already renovated so they are nice. The only thing I would say that I think is negative as I work out a lot since I travel on the road and I have to say the workout room is terrible. The three pieces of equipment look like they are shipped out of the 1980s era. The treadmill, bike, and elliptical are very very old and didn't work that well at all. Otherwise this is a pretty good experience.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank bdloftus24
William M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay, and for sharing your positive experience. The one experience you point out that wasn't so positive will be updated soon during our renovation process. Our entire hotel will be like new in the very near future. Thanks again, and we hope see you back with us!
Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

We arravied here after we had booked true hotwire , I had how ever clicked the wrong dates when booking and when we enter we was there a day earlier then they expected us, but after some calling back and forth and the manager took the phone and spoke with hotwire we could stay from the day we arravied , think that actually benifitted all of us better then if we had to book another place , but not all places would have welcomed You like this
The suite is very big and we had a good time there , its a airport dropof hotel and the area around You will need a car to get to , but since we already knew when we got there so we just went to the mall , had a good night sleep here and again , the service is great and they are up on doing renovation in the hole hotel there so it will be super when finished , would I stay here again ? Yes, if we comes to the same area again we will stay here for sure

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your stay with others. We are so glad we were able to get things worked out to accommodate your reservation, and you enjoyed your stay. Your obeservations and remarks will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!
New England USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

This hotel is hard to get to, but the staff are awesome. Leslie at the front desk was so helpful and polite. When the phones were ringing and the line was long, she handled the stress with aplomb. While there were attitudes of frustration and anger, she resolved most of their issues. In the meantime, it is near the airport, and near the highway to the airport, so be sure to get a quiet room. The rooms are very clean and well appointed. The TV is somewhat troubling because of the cable service. I was surprised the towels were so soft. And there are tons of families staying here; parking for the week by staying a night. So if you want a place with family friendly atmosphere, this is a place to consider. However, there is no food here, so you need to drive a mile to fast food near the airport. Leslie suggested I ask the airport shuttle driver to take me places since I did not have a car, so it was great. That offer alone was why I raised the rating from a 3 to a 4. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
William M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to write this great review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay, and we sincerely appreciate your recognition of our hard working staff. We want nothing more than for each and every guest to feel special and completely satisfied, and Leslie is a great example of what our entire staff strives for. And, thank you for mentioning that Comfort Suites is a great place to stay, close to the airport. We hope to see you again soon!
Bruning, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed here the night before flying out. We dropped our rental car off the night before and the hotel picked us up and then took us back to the airport in the morning included in the price of our room. Rooms were clean and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
William M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to share your experience. We sincerely appreciate your compliments with regard to our convenience to the airport, cleanliness and service. Our staff works very hard and we take pride in doing our best for our guests. We hope to see you back soon!
Miramar Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

We just returned home from Charlotte and Asheville, NC this past Sunday. We spent two horrible nights in this hotel near the Charlotte Airport. Being only minutes away from our daughters, and traveling with our two pups, the reviews were favorable for this hotel chain. IT WAS A DUMP....I even took pictures to share but can't add them here. The reason I am sharing is to make sure no one stay here. It is FILTHY, if our room was this DURTY, can you imagine how filthy the area to prepare the food is. I didn't eat breakfast the last morning. My feet were BLACK BECAUSE THE CARPET IS SO FILTHY. I don't live in a home like this, I won't stay in a hotel like this. Please don't stay here...

2 Thank Marsha P
William M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for choosing our Comfort Suites, and for taking the time to share your observations in this review. Apparently we failed to meet your expectations, and I offer our sincere apologies. I am, frankly, surprised and saddened by your review. It was our pleasure to honor your request for a ground floor pet friendly suite, and to accommodate you and your two small dogs for two nights. Everything seemed to be fine, as we did not hear at all from you concerning any issues with your room during your stay, so we were not aware of any problems. Certainly, had we known that you were not happy with your accommodations, we not only would have wanted to take corrective measures immediately, but would also have been most willing to work with you in any way possible to make this right for you. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel, and the many compliments our housekeeping department receives. We also score very well with our both local health department, and corporate inspections. We have inspected the room you occupied during your stay, and have not found any cleanliness issues. The carpet in your room was professionally cleaned shortly before your arrival. I would welcome an opportunity to communicate directly with you to learn the exact details of any problems you found so we can take corrective action as needed. Thank you again, and how may we be of further service?