“Dump, don't stay!!!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #73 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
Miramar Beach, Florida
“Dump, don't stay!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

We just returned home from Charlotte and Asheville, NC this past Sunday. We spent two horrible nights in this hotel near the Charlotte Airport. Being only minutes away from our daughters, and traveling with our two pups, the reviews were favorable for this hotel chain. IT WAS A DUMP....I even took pictures to share but can't add them here. The reason I am sharing is to make sure no one stay here. It is FILTHY, if our room was this DURTY, can you imagine how filthy the area to prepare the food is. I didn't eat breakfast the last morning. My feet were BLACK BECAUSE THE CARPET IS SO FILTHY. I don't live in a home like this, I won't stay in a hotel like this. Please don't stay here...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Marsha P
William M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for choosing our Comfort Suites, and for taking the time to share your observations in this review. Apparently we failed to meet your expectations, and I offer our sincere apologies. I am, frankly, surprised and saddened by your review. It was our pleasure to honor your request for a ground floor pet friendly suite, and to accommodate you and your two small dogs for two nights. Everything seemed to be fine, as we did not hear at all from you concerning any issues with your room during your stay, so we were not aware of any problems. Certainly, had we known that you were not happy with your accommodations, we not only would have wanted to take corrective measures immediately, but would also have been most willing to work with you in any way possible to make this right for you. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel, and the many compliments our housekeeping department receives. We also score very well with our both local health department, and corporate inspections. We have inspected the room you occupied during your stay, and have not found any cleanliness issues. The carpet in your room was professionally cleaned shortly before your arrival. I would welcome an opportunity to communicate directly with you to learn the exact details of any problems you found so we can take corrective action as needed. Thank you again, and how may we be of further service?

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Fresno
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

My first night was on Sept.19 2013. All started well when I arrived at the airport, just picked up the curtsy phone a nice drive came and got me, he told me about the area and that when I need to get dinner the shuttle would take me to get it. I was way early for check-in so I took a nap in a comfortable chair in the lobby. After a few hours the desk clerk checked me in and I went to my room. Once again I took a nap. Around 5pm I went down to find the night staff had taken over and I asked about the shuttle for dinner, I was told we do not do that you can order from a place that delivers or Not.(even the tour co that booked me here said they would) So I sat and thought about this and asked again, again NO. The places that delivered had a minimum $ that was not practical for a single person, so I did a less that smart thing I walked down the highway (no sidewalk) to the Wendy’s for dinner. As I sat at the desk in my room I started to look around. The sink in the kitchenette was dripping and there was a stain on the couch. Ok I can just not use those. The rest of the room and it was a big room was ok, so I could live with it. I woke up in the middle of the night and I noticed what looked to be a light on in the far part of the room, no it was not it was a gap between the door and jam big enough to put a pen though. Oh well the door is locked and bolted. In the morning the morning staff was on duty and they got up on the wrong side of the bed, Rude and Nasty to say the least. Fine eat breakfast and I gone. I dreaded coming back.
On Sept. 28 2013 my tour bus dropped me off here for the night, oh goody. This time I got a room on the 5th floor, a full suite. Two rooms, kitchenette, work desk and a small couch coffee table and TV in the first and a large bedroom (large bed too) vanity and bath in the other. Wow. The room was totally clean no spots on anything. The door fit the jam. Could not have been better. Did not ask to go via shuttle for dinner, sat in the room and had a P Band J sandwich and an apple for dinner (note nothing near by). Next morning had breakfast. Checked out, used the shuttle to the car agency. This time all the staff was nice even the ones that gave me a bad time on my first visit. Overall I would gave this hotel another chance, but would back a dinner with me.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to share the details of your two stays in this review. I do offer our sincere apologies for the problems you had during your first stay. I believe there must have been some sort of misunderstanding concerning your shuttle request. We frequently have guests who do not have transportation, and is always our pleasure to assist them in any way we can to meet their needs. Possibly you asked to be taken to a particular restaurant where our shuttle does not go?? In any case, we do normally shuttle to any locations that are basically between our hotel and the airport, and there are quite a few. Again, I offer our apologies for the problems with your room, and corrective measures have been undertaken. Also, renovations are under way, and all of our suites will be as good as new when completed. Your second stay is much more reflective of a “normal” stay at our hotel. Our goal is to have the best hotel in town, which requires great rooms and great staff. Again, thank you, and we look forward to another opportunity to be of service!
Twain Harte, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Needs some updates, but fine for stop over before flight. Staff was amazing! Shuttled us back from dropping off our rental car, then shuttled us to and from dinner as we were "car-less"! How nice is that!

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing our Comfort Suites and for sharing your experience with this great review! I have shared your compliments with our hard working staff, and they truly appreciate the recognition. Our goal is to please our guests and make their stay a super one! Thanks again, and we hope to see you back with us the next time you’re in our area!
Anderson, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Inn is over due for remodel. Worn out everything. Remodel in progress. Would have been more appropriate to close while updating. Lobby area next to desk was being painted with a very strong paint or lacquer. Very powerful fumes. Room was dated, but fairly comfortable. Location a bit difficult to get to, but close to long term parking at airport.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for your review. Yes, we were due for renovations, and we are in the process. Unfortunately, it’s very difficult if not impossible to completely close a hotel during renovations, so we just have to try to work in different areas at a time, and keep interruptions to a minimum. We apologize for any inconvenience to you and our other guests during this process. We do have a great location for people heading to the airport, which makes our hotel a great choice! Thanks again, and we look forward to being of service again the next time you’re in Charlotte!
Lumberton, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

At first look you would thing you were in the wrong location of Charlotte but you would be wrong,it safe and they offer airport shuttle service to the airport, and once you get out and look at the surrounding area they have a great selection for eating. The room is big but they are doing some remodeling the door jam in my room was loose and the room number are held on by tape, the breakfast was good and a great selection for a free breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for being our guest, and for sharing your experience. Our location is as safe as it gets, and we appreciate you pointing that out, as well as some of our favorite amenities such as our shuttle service and great breakfast. We have been doing renovations, and hope to be done soon. We do apologize for anything not appearing as it should or any inconveniences. Thanks again and we hope to see you back with us again for an even better stay!
Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stayed here after receiving an email about discount rate for end of summer as I was having surgery in Charlotte and live 4 hours away. Undergoing renovations so there were little nuisances, but it was very clean and the folks so nice. Full hot breakfast was good too! Had a medical emergency the day we checked out and they graciously allowed us to move back into our room and did not charge us a higher rate for the third night! We really appreciated their assistance and will be staying here on all our returns to Charlotte. Easy to get around town from this location too

Room Tip: Check online for deals!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for staying with us, and for taking the time to write this great review! We apologize for the little nuisances during our renovations. We’re hoping to have it all done soon. Great service is what we’re all about, and it was our pleasure to have the opportunity to serve you. We take pride in our high level of cleanliness, and great hot breakfast, and appreciate you mentioning them. We look forward to having you back with us again, hopefully on a more enjoyable trip next time.
Austin, TX
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

PROS:
(1) Very large rooms (though it might be a stretch to call them "suites")
(2) In-room kitchen area with fridge, microwave, and sink
(3) Free breakfast, well-stocked, 6-10am
(4) Free in-room Internet, and USB charging station
(5) Shower controls let you set the water pressure independently from the temperature -- rare for a hotel.
(6) Free shuttle to/from the airport

CONS:
(1) Musty, smoky smell in the hallways and in our room -- although the property was ostensibly non-smoking.
(2) The airport shuttle van simply reeked of smoke.
(3) Property condition was laughable. The room number plaques were all broken and taped to the doors with masking tape. The wall behind our door was damaged because they neglected to install a bumper, and I've never seen a worse drywall repair job. Other parts of the wall had been repaired (badly) but hadn't been painted, so wall was two completely different colors.
(4) Not near any restaurants or shops, and the hotel is located on a busy road without sidewalks or a walkable shoulder anyway.
(5) No vent fan in the bathroom
(6) Toilet did not flush well
(7) Internet was poky, but not the worst I've experienced

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MichaelBluejay
Thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to share your experience. We sincerely appreciate your list of pros and cons – especially the pros. You point out some of the reasons we are a favorite of many guests, and we thank you again for that. As for the cons, it looks like you caught us in the midst of renovations when we had just put up new wall vinyl and temporarily taped up some signage while waiting for our new signs to arrive. We have all new ones up now and looking good. As mentioned, we have been doing renovations, and we are still working on some areas, but hope to have it all finished soon. As for restaurants, we do have several that deliver to our hotel, and many within 5 to 8 minutes from the hotel. Our bathrooms do not have fans in them, the fans are on the roof and the bathrooms are vented to them. Toilets and internet are very important, both must work well and fast. We have been looking those areas and any problems found will be fixed shortly. Again, thank you – and we hope to see you back again!