“Amazing Hotel!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Westerville, Ohio
“Amazing Hotel!”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I had never heard of this branch of hotel from Hilton before. But on a recent trip to Georgia, I made reservations in Charlotte on the way down. Traveling with 6 people, I reserved two rooms, but the rooms were so spacious (especially our corner room) that we would not have needed two rooms. THe hotel is new, modern, crisp, and clean. And the price, for a Hiton property, was great. We paid $100 per room (2 queens and a sleeper sofa plus kitchenette). Continental type breakfast was included and it was about average for that type of breakfast. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the huge community table we were all supposed to sit and eat breakfast at. It was a little odd, but we managed to eat our cereal and bagels next to total strangers and survive. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We were on the top floof in a corner room and it was very, very roomy. Much more roomy than the adj...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank TraceyC719
Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear TraceyC719,

Congratulations on being a Senior Contributor on TripAdvisor! It’s travelers like you who really help others make their own travels more enjoyable. We appreciate the great review, and are happy to hear that your group had a great experience with Home2 Suites by Hilton-I77 South, Charlotte, North Carolina. Please let us know next time you head to Charlotte! It will be our pleasure to have your family as our guests again. Thank you again for being our guests.

Juan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Jekyll Island B
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Everything about Home 2 is first class. But the cost is most reasonable. It was the best of 8 hotels we stayed in over a 2 week trip to Florida. I will always look for a Home 2 first when making reservations. You couldn't ask for more luxurious and roomy accommodations. We have a new Home 2 in Pgh. and I will definitely recommend it to visitors.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Patricia Y
Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Patricia Y,

Wow! Thank you for your kind review. Our goal is to provide each guest with an awesome experience and exceptional guest service. The fact that you described us as “THE BEST” of 8 hotels during your long trip to Florida is AMAZING! Thank you again for your loyalty to Home2. We appreciate your business, and look forward to welcoming you back anytime.

Cleveland, OH, United States
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I would certainly recommend Home2! Initially, I booked for the wrong date and did not realize my mistake until it was too late to cancel. The manager forgave the fee and I was able to book for the correct date with no hassle. The hotel was very clean and stylish, the bed comfortable, the breakfast options extensive and tasty, and the gym was great. Overall, an excellent stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Kate M
Dear Kate M,

Great review! Thank you so much for taking the time to let others travelers know your experience with our Charlotte Home2 location. It was my pleasure to assist with correcting the reservation hassle free. We appreciate your business, and look forward to seeing you next time you’re in Charlotte!

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I arrived to the hotel after midnight tired and worn out, I was greeted with a warm welcome at the front desk. The check in process was so easy and smooth and I was given great info about the new hotel's features. The room was nice and roomy and gleaming. I was able to spread out and get some work done in the great studio layout. The bed was so comfortable with microfiber sheets! Breakfast in the morning was great and all the staff was so welcoming and helpful! Will stay at a Home2 again for sure! Thanks!!

• Stayed March 2014
Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Blaire1133

Thank for this awesome review! More importantly, thank you for being our guest. We strive to provide exceptional service and accommodations to our travelers, knowing most likely you have experience a long day of travel. We are pleased to know we provided you with a great experience, and welcome you back to Home2 during your next visit to Charlotte. Thanks again for being our guest.

Massillon, Ohio
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Finally got to our hotel at 2 a.m. After 8 hour drive. The hotel was easy to find and very close to I-77. We were greeted by friendly staff, quickly checked in and got to our room. We noticed how new and clean the entire hotel appeared. Coffee was available 24/7. Our room was clean, spacious and had a full kitchen. One interesting feature was a drape that divided the sitting/tv area from the bed. The bed was very comfortable and the environment very quiet, so we got to go directly to sleep. In the a.m. We stretch and exercise and had plenty of room in the room to do our routines. There was also a coffee pot in the room. Did I mention clean? One small negative was the free breakfast - selection was minimal and seating limited, but we like to eat in our room and it was certainly enough to hold us for a few hours on the road. We plan to stop on our return from Florida to Ohio to enjoy the hotel. For us, the most important features are clean, comfortable and attentive staff. This place has all three.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Frank W
Dear Frank W,

We very thank you for this review! More importantly, we are pleased that you had a wonderful experience with Home2. Providing clean, comfortable accommodations and excellent guest service is our top priority. The feedback you have provided is most welcome, and appreciated. It’s travelers like you that make other travelers’ decision a little easier when looking at tripadvisor’s reviews to make hotel decisions. Thank you again for being our guest. We can’t wait to see you next time you’re in Charlotte!

Averill Park, New York
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We stayed here 4 nights attending a wedding. I cannot thank the staff enough for a wonderful stay. Everyone was fabulous, friendly and helpful. Carla and Max greeted us nightly and always had great ideas and suggestions and wanted to hear our daily adventures.
This seemed to be a well trained staff with hands on management. Rooms were wonderful and very well kept.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Scott Boise,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of Home2! We are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay. Our team strives to always provide exceptional service and exciting suggestions for our travelers. Your comments are very helpful to our management team! We look forward to welcoming you back to Home2 anytime!

Orange County, United States
Reviewed March 24, 2014

The hotel itself was cute and very clean. The rooms were a nice size. The beds were comfortable and for it being a full house, it was very quiet. However, it is an extended stay type place and that always seems to bring in certain elements. Now for the bad - and for the reason I would be hard pressed to stay there again:For starters, there was no hot water in the shower due to the conservation methods they used when building the hotel. The trick is to run the hot water in the sink and then the shower works fine. Without this, you won't have any hot water. The second BIG problem is safety. The hotel, while brand new and nice, is in a bad part of town. The houses across the street are boarded up or are very run down with litter and junk strewn about. During one night, we had a homeless person sleep on the sofa in the lobby. The front desk person never even noticed he was there. We saw him that night (around 9pm) sleeping on the sofa and thought maybe he was waiting for someone to get off of work. When we saw him there the next morning and heard the female staff members ask him to leave since he was not a guest, we realized that he was homeless and the male staff member from the night before never asked him to leave. This was unacceptable.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business