“Refreshing and so New”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Banner Elk, United States
“Refreshing and so New”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I was so impressed with this hotel and it was easy access from the highway. It was so new and well taken care of that I hope I can stay there again soon! The check in was a breeze and so was the check out. We needed directions and the staff was very accomodating in helping us find our way around Charlotte. We enjoyed riding the white rail and that was nice to be so close and allowed us to park and get to the middle of the city with ease.

1 Thank Carole A
Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Home2. Our staff goes above and beyond to make your stay a wonderful experience. We hope to see you at our property in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Greenville, SC
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay at this hotel! It was amazing in the "new" feel and cleanliness! My only complaint, I am a vegetarian with a gluten allergy, and there was nothing to really eat with the complimentary breakfast.....

1 Thank amanda4pandas
We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Also, we appreciate your feedback about the breakfast. We do offer vegetarian alternatives, but we will make some changes to better fit our vegetarian guests as well as those who prefer gluten free food. Thank you for dedicating some of your time to communicate to us regarding your experience.
Holly Springs, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I am generally a very picky traveler especially with hotels because I am a clean FREAK! BUT this place is always ABOVE and BEYOND my expectations! Toni and her team are always AWESOME to work with- they offer great service, excellent rooms and it passes my white glove expectations! It is a great hotel, quick access to anything in SW Charlotte or Uptown- Great dining right around the corner and not to mention Carowinds being right there too!
I now know where to bring the Family when we are going to Carrowinds! They will love this place! Thank you to Toni and the staff there for always being amazing to work with!

Room Tip: I like the first floor because I always have allot of work to bring with me and it makes unloading e...
1 Thank Lydia R
Thank you for taking the time out to express your thanks. We really enjoy having you here and we always look forward to your arrival. We hope to remain your choice hotel here in Charlotte!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Right when I walked through the door I was extremely impressed, very modern and loved all the colors. Staff that checked me in was very friendly. Going into my room I was thrilled at how big the space was, very clean, and that bed...WOW. I havent slept that good in a while. Made me question my own bed at home. Upon checking out I found out that this hotel is a "GREEN" inspired hotel and everthing that was built was made out of recycled parts!!!! Very impressed with that. I travel to Charlotte once a month for meetings, this will be the hotel I stay at every time no question.

2 Thank AmberB220
Juan T, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Charlotte I-77 South, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I am please to hear about your stay. We're glad to hear that you've made Home2 youre 2nd Home and we look forward to seeing you again.
Hammond, Louisiana
Reviewed April 8, 2013

First and foremost, I must begin this review by explaining that this hotel is unquestionably stellar! I arrived well after midnight near 2:30 am due to a late night Amtrak arrival. I was a Mother traveling alone with three children; as my husband had to attend a conference in another state and was due to meet back up with us in a few days. (PS…the first class rooms on Amtrak are quite worth the extra cost especially if you have children this is usually a fun way to cross country with the kids, and a room can sometimes be cheaper than the cost of air fare) Now with our that late arrival being inevitable, it was extremely pertinent to my husband that his family have a hired driver and car at the station waiting to transport us safely to the hotel. The overall general care that this hotel took for our family went over and beyond. Not only did they calm my husband’s concern for his family traveling without him that late, but also arranged for a trust worthy transportation service (a professional gentleman in nice black SUV) to be waiting on me at the station at 1:50 am to safely courier my children and me to the hotel, but he also came back that morning to chauffeur us to the airport.

Now for the praise of the staff! I found Cynthia (who was working the night shift) to have been awaiting the arrival of my children and I. She had our keys, some hot cocoa and a wonderfully comfortable room all ready to go. This was excellent as we were exhausted, a little cranky from the long ride and the seeking and needing rest. The kind concern Cynthia exhibited towards us was sincere and touching. She made sure everything was ready to go before we arrived and we found the room comfortable and appeasing. The next day she had left before I awoke, so I did not get a chance to thank her. However, whoever does the hiring here has a superb knack for getting good people because the next day I met Lindsey. She was an absolute darling. She was eager to help and assist with our needs any questions and concerns as we prepared to jump to the next phase of travel. The overall feel of the hotel was extremely friendly, professional and just a great stay with a Mother juggling a 2, 7and 12 year old children alone. Highly…HIGHLY recommended by me. A Great hotel! Thank you all!

Room Tip: For a family traveling go ahead and upgrade to the suites they are so roomy and comfortable!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank CarolinaTravelGal
Hearing great things about my staff makes me happy. I am so glad Cynthia offered you the warm welcome you deserve. I will reach out to her regarding this review. We really enjoyed you staying with us and hope to see you and your family in the future!
Park Ridge, New Jersey
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Great room and amenties.. Bed was comfortable and great space in the room. Service staff was great. The breafast needed more variety. Frozen topped bagel is a bad idea, but overall a great hotel for the value.

3 Thank arlncap
The comments you shared about breakfast are not going unheard, we're currently working on the best way to accommodate everyone! Thank you for your feedback and we hope you return to our property!
San Diego
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I booked this hotel because I am a loyal Hilton client and was interested in experiencing the Home2 brand. The location is quiet, which is a plus, and surrounded by a couple other chain hotels in the same price point. The hotel itself was very clean and modern with some trendy art elements, but definitely no frills. The staff was very friendly and zero issues at check-in, and I was immediately provided a token to redeem for snacks and drinks for my Gold HHonors status.

Once I got to the room, it was very clean and open, with a curtain in the middle of the room that is used to separate the sitting area from the bed. The bathroom was pretty standard - king bed, two king pillows, and a decorator pillow. The bathroom was also standard - tub, shower, curtain - and the only notable difference is that instead of providing amenity minis, there are instead shampoo and conditioner dispensers in the shower, and no lotion, caps, etc. I did not have a chance to experience the bed and linens, I can be picky about how soft the sheets, beds, and pillows are, but they looked okay.

No major qualms with the property itself, I will probably stay in other hotels in this brand in the future. However, my biggest gripe was that there are zero restaurants in the area for lunch or dinner. You will need to drive several miles from the hotel in order to find anything to eat, this could be an issue if staying for several days. I was traveling with a larger group that was staying at a different Hilton property and due to the seclusion of this property, I decided to move to their same hotel. I decided against staying at this particular property and requested to cancel my stay after ~15 minutes. The staff was very accommodating, and the cancellation was granted.

I did notice what looked to be a nice path behind the property that could provide an option to the fitness center, but unfamiliar with the area, and as a female business traveler, I would probably skip it and err on the side of boredom in the safety of the property fitness center.

Overall, decent property, but not maybe not completely ideal for solo female business travelers because of the seclusion of the property and distance required to get anywhere to eat. The pros include its proximity to the airport, the quiet seclusion, breakfast provided, and price point.

Room Tip: Want to sleep well: Request a room on the top floor away from elevators, looking over the walking pa...
2 Thank whaltar
Thank you so much for your kind words and comments! . We pride ourselves on being able to provide a great hotel for a great value, right here in Charlotte. We are just a few miles from Southpark Mall as well as South Blvd. which offer many restaurants. Our staff will be glad to point out some great restaurants in the area as well as a few places that deliver to out hotel. We are sorry we could not accommodate your stay but we hope to see you in the future and offer you the full Home2 experience.