“Enjoyable Evening”

Got a photo?
Add it.
The Murder Mystery Company in Charlotte
More attraction details
Owner description: Looking to Solve the Case of the Perfect Party?Here's a clue! The Murder Mystery Company is the nation's most popular, interactive, mystery troupe. We're the ultimate solution for your holiday party, corporate event, fundraiser, dinner party, team building exercise, wedding, birthday and much more!
Gastonia, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Enjoyable Evening”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

While I would have liked more of a "scripted play", I enjoyed the improv and audience interaction. I enjoyed the fact that we needed to introduce ourselves to the other tablemates; like making friends. I attended in Cramerton instead of Charlotte although I have been to the Freedom Drive location before (even for this SAME show!) Location, setup, the room & acoustics, and food was definitely much better in Cramerton. If food & service is bad, it tends to make an impression on the whole evening. A few of the audience "actors" did a better job than the "real" actors or with more animation. Maybe a musician performing while we were eating would help with the flow instead of stops & starts. We needed paper & pencils at the table to get the clues. More direction is really needed before the audience gets up to ask the questions because a lot of people really had "no clue"....I've been to 3 and would go again.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank 2furbabies

Charlotte, North Carolina
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Dinner Show”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Myself and a couple of ladies attended one of the dinner shows. The show was not very good at all. The food did not have a taste. Not very impressed. We purchased a groupon deal, but will not return.

Visited June 2012
7 Thank dc02109
Colorado Springs, Colorado
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Waste of time, money, and appetite”
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

What murder mystery? If I hadn't spent $60 per person plus drinks on this I may have been able to laugh this off, as it is it was the worst night we have had in a long time. Here's why: Acting, its not a play, its structured improv. Since the sound was awful and there was no lighting it was impossible to see or hear. The premise of having the cast square off in the audience didnt work---the scenario was not graspable. A disaster gives this production too much credit. Now, about the food. The chicken was thigh meat wrapped in nondescript balls, the sirloin was overcooked and tasteless AND the brococli came to the table STILL FROZEN! Audience members were collectively piling servings on a single plate and sending the garbage back! Thank God they were tiny portions.

After this, if you still go to this show, you will have wasted your money as I did.

9 Thank BeemerScreamer
Charlotte, NC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Not worth the money - even with Groupon!!!!”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

My husband and I got half price tickets at Groupon and were excited to go. We both enjoy theater and we thought this would be an actual play where you take notes, with a little audience interaction. Not so! There really isn't a "show" at all. There are a few actors (believe me, I use the term very loosely) and then they select about 15 audience members to also be suspects. An audience member goes on stage and gets shot by a cast member. End of show. Then you are supposed to walk around questioning the suspects. Well, the suspects are given these binders they refer to which have certain clues they are allowed to say during the first and second interview. It is chaotic and and you have to leave your food to walk around. The food itself was pretty terrible, so we can't even say at least we got a good meal out of it. We asked for water and they brought us bottled water and charged us for it! They also take your picture and try to sell it to you for $20. Overall, I think this is a terrible waste of money and I can't believe they are still in business.

Visited December 2012
8 Thank Momhudd
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Excellent group to work with!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The Murder Mystery Company worked with us on an event and were outstanding. Their customer service is top notch and the employees/actors were polite and welcoming. We had a fun-filled, exciting evening and everyone came away happy. Thanks!

Visited November 2012