“Family Fun Time”

and up
Carowinds General Admission Ticket
Ranked #23 of 189 things to do in Charlotte
More attraction details
Owner description: A mecca of family fun, this 105-acre theme/water park features rides that thrill and live entertainment.
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We have bought season passes to the park for our family for the last two seasons and it just keeps getting better. Our son is now tall enough (and brave enough :-)) to ride all the coasters in the park and we have a blast each and every time. We pack a lunch because the food is a bit pricey. To be honest, it is nice to get a little break and just get off our feet for a bit to have a bite to eat. Each time we visit we arrive as the park opens and are some of the last guests to leave. The rides are great, the wait times aren't too bad and this year they have added video screens that play music videos and trivia games to make the time pass a little quicker. We have loads of fun each and every time we visit!!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,844)
All reviews
in 28 reviews
"free water"
in 43 reviews

Reviewed June 8, 2014

I am from greensboro and it is definitely worth the 2 hour drive. I bought a season pass and I love the atmosphere. My fave rides are night hawk, after burner and the intimidator.

1  Thank 336_Lucy_336
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

I purchased season tickets for our family. It's a great value for some one who will come here often . I live 20 min away so this is a great place to take your kids on a hot summer day. They have a huge water park .. Come during the week. It's less crowded and lines are shorter for all the rides.. The food here is crazy over priced. Pack a cooler. You can leave it in car and come back to it for a snack . It's kinda pricy for admission anyways but I suppose all the amusement parks are. It's clean and most of the staff is young and friendly.. If you live near season pass is your best option ..

Reviewed June 6, 2014

This is like a mini six-flags. The rides are closer together and not as long but we enjoyed it better b/c we went during the week and the lines were minimal. They do have some good rides, intimidator, carolina cobra, after burn and night hawk. I was happy that they had some rides that my thrill seeking 7yrs old (50inches) and 5yrs old (44 inches) could ride.. You are playing $$$ to eat anything.. The $14 souvenir free refill cup is a good deal.