“Carowinds”
Review of Carowinds

Carowinds
Ranked #11 of 179 things to do in Charlotte
More attraction details
Owner description: A mecca of family fun, this 105-acre theme/water park features rides that thrill and live entertainment.
Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Carowinds”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

The best time to go is during the weekdays (mon-thurs) when everyone else is at work because all the lines are super short! This place is a great place for a date. I've been coming every single year since I was a kid and now I work there as a ride associate and it is so fun.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Rebecca B

• Turkish first
Fort Mill, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“like felling your stomach in year throat”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

i love carowinds we get season pass every year. my fav rollercoster would be the nighthawk and intimidator this is the best pace to spend your summer

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Ashlan y
Strasbourg, France
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing Parc”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We came a few times in this amazing parc and enjoyed it every time. We love the Intimidator, it is my favorite! The lack of decor and animation might be the only negative. I recommend it for everybody.

Visited May 2013
Elliston, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Like feeling your stomach in your throat? Cheyeah!!”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I grew up in Georgia and became accustomed to Six Flags, however, Carowinds puts Six Flags to SHAME!!! These roller coasters get your adrenaline pumping! Heart thumping! And are sure to make you all sorts of religious! In my opinion you need to buy the "Fast Lane Passes", they'll cost you a pretty penny, but it's completely and utterly worth it!!!! NO LINES! AND FRONT SEATS TO ALL RIDES! How can you pass that up? Food was pricey, but it's basically the same at any other theme park! Would recommend dressing in clothes you won't mind getting wet in (they have water rides and a side water attraction called "bay" something) and pack lightly!! Some rides only allow you to have a small little knapsack- if not, you'll have to leave your belongings below.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Simply_Indefinitely
Macomb, Michigan
98 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“We've spent a lot of days a Carowinds.”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

While I lived in South Carolina we used to have season passes for Carowinds and would go nearly every weekend since we lived only about 45 minutes away. It's a really nice park, it's very clean, and they have a lot of exciting rides for people of all ages. I particularly like the two water rides. The staff could be a little more helpful, but other than that it's a great place.

If you do go, I recommend getting the refillable souvenir mug, it may seem expensive at around $12 but it's really worth the free refills for the day when it's hot.

They also have a nice little water park with several different slides and a small wavepool, which is also nice on a hot day. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because it's rather small compared to the other theme parks owned by Cedar Fair.

Visited May 2013