“First and definitely not last visit!!!”
Review of Carowinds

and up
Carowinds General Admission Ticket
Ranked #22 of 147 things to do in Charlotte
More attraction details
Owner description: A mecca of family fun, this 105-acre theme/water park features rides that thrill and live entertainment.
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Living in Florida I am use to fun theme parks and their hefty prices but this was a treat. My husband and I bought our tickets the night before online. They website announces it is cheaper then buying them at the gate, but once you pay the online processing fee it comes to be just about the same. But that wasn't a particular downer for us since we are use to disney style ticket prices. The park had lots of rides especially roller coasters! I thought it was really neat that they had a waterpark in the theme park and it wasn't an additional fee. The park was very clean. We went on a monday and made it a half an hour after it opened. We pretty much walked right on to the first five roller coaster. Towards the afternoon the longest wait was 40 minutes. The only thing that I can really say in a con... when you go on sone of the roller coasters the harness smelled so bad. I don't know if they clean them, if they don't they might start. I really wished we could have stayed for the fireworks that were planned for that evening. I really look forward to coming to carowinds during halloween :-)

Write a ReviewReviews (3,100)
All reviews
in 57 reviews
"chick fil"
in 29 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We took our kids and our parents on July 18, a Thursday, and everyone had a great day. Being from FL, it was nice to only pay $37.50 per ticket online instead of almost $100 for anything near Orlando. Plenty of rides for the younger and older kids, most of the rides we had all 3 generations on, which was pretty cool. It was crazy hot so we spent the bulk of our time in the water park area. I was warned about the high food prices (what normally costs $7 in a real world bojangles costs $14 there) so we packed a cooler and ate in the parking lot...a bit of a hike, but saved us a TON of $$. The park wasn't busy AT ALL, several times we just rode the rides repeatedly without having to even get off and back on. They shut a few of the rides down for a few minutes because of lightening, but it didn't last long, we had plenty of stuff to keep us all occupied all day...even the few of us who don't like to ride coasters!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

The kids had a blast !!! First time ever for the boys and they really enjoyed it. Ready to go back !

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We are doing a cedar fair circuit. Fun place but small. We did the entire park in less than a day including the water park. Would not make this a destination.