“Great ammusement park for the rides!”
Review of Carowinds

Carowinds
Ranked #11 of 183 things to do in Charlotte
More attraction details
Owner description: A mecca of family fun, this 105-acre theme/water park features rides that thrill and live entertainment.
Reviewed June 22, 2013

This is a good, clean park--well worth the price and time. Enjoy! It has a nice place for kiddie rides, as well as super rides for teens and adults. The food is pricey, but good.

1  Thank rjr1012

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Aside from it being way over priced if you have a season pass and buy the refill drink this is a great place for your family to come

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I took my son to Carowinds on Father's Day and we enjoyed the msot fun that we have had together in a long time. We didn't pay the extra money for the Fast Lane passes, but we still rode A LOT of rides and were not disappointed at all.

As with many other theme parks or attractions, the food is overpriced and less than satisfying. We did buy the cups that get free refills and we switched between water and soda or lemonade for each refill so that we stayed well hydrated.

The rollercoasters were a blast! We were thrilled with every one and our favorite was the NIghthawk. We waited about 30 minutes in line for it, but it was the best ride of the day. I also highly recommend the Windseeker. The view is spectacular!

If you're a local and are able to make multiple visits, the gold pass is definitely the best deal in my opinion. If not, then look online for discounts and specials. There are often many discounts available to keep from having to pay full price for a ticket. Their military discount is also a significant savings.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

If you want to enjoy some good roller coaster, Carowinds is the place to go... We purchased season tickets which are really good priced and if you plan on visiting more than 1 day, its the cheapest way to go... Also if you get the gold pass you get free parking and that saves a lot by itself...

There are plenty things for kids of all ages to do here.. The day we went the coasters did not have very long lines so we were able to ride some of them more than 1 time.. Food is good.. Priced about what you expect to pay at a park.. Funnel cakes were excellent !!! I think the funnel cake was $7.00. If you buy a drink cup, its free refills the day you purchase it and then just 0.99 for the rest of the season.

We love Carowinds and would recommend anyone that loves coaster to go here.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I purchased tickets online! MISTAKE! The Fast Lane tickets were for the 15th, however, the park tickets were for the 16th!! UGH!!! I can't imagine why anyone would want the tickets for 2 different days! I did select the 15th for the date of the tickets . . . I do not know why they were wrong! I tried calling Carowinds but got no satisfaction!! I tried calling technical support for the online sales and the lady could barely speak English and I could not hear her!! Anyways, at the park the discrepancy was noted by the staff, however, the only solution to fixing the problem was to spend an additional $30 more!!! Its a rip off! There is NO WAY that the ticket sales sould have given me 2 different days when I bought them! Its a way to charge people even more money because they (Carowinds) know you will pay it once you're already at the park! IT is bad business! I have filed a complaint with the BBB!!

4  Thank MarlaMelana