Open today: 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Charlotte
from $15.00
from $26.81
from $27.00
3,135 results
All reviews water park roller coaster amusement park the fury fast pass season pass cedar point wave pool harmony hall thunder road cedar fair meal plan planet snoopy fast lane six flags free water fun park
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Last year we went with some friends to Carowinds during their annual "Scarowinds" Halloween days. Man did we have a blast! I have ridden the coasters in the past but never at night and it is a way better experience, especially the Intimidator! The haunted houses were scary as hell and the lines were not as long as a busy weekend day and since the park is only partly open during the Scarowinds times, it is not as expensive as the usual full price! We would def go back!

Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

I did a last minute trip with my daughter to Carowinds this past Saturday. I haven't been in about 6 years.

I waited in a 30 minute ticket line and felt like I was the only person in the park paying the full $55 price (people were turning in coke fans for $20 off and there were more 15 passenger church vans than I've ever seen).

We then proceeded to ride 4 to 5 roller coasters all day as the average wait time was at least 30 to 45 minutes.

Major rides were closed and the restaurants were totally unprepared and totally inefficient at moving and geeing people. The ladies at the BBQ place were taking orders one at a time and would have to go to the kitchen to bring out standard orders about 2 out of 3 orders causing huge delays and frustration. Condiments were not stocked and the staff was overwhelmed.

I had a great experience several years ago but I am very disappointed and will go to Busch or fly to Orlando in the future.

1  Thank NCFlyFisher25
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I started going to Carowinds in the 80's in high school. It was always so fun, clean and pretty. It still is. Our favorite ride was the Intimidator which we rode 6 straight times. Yikes! Scariest coaster I have ever been on. We rode the old favorites - Cyclone, Hurler, Vortex and Thunder Road (which I had forgotten has such a super scary first drop). The older side needs updating but it is still super fun and charming. Can't wait to go back and it was a great way to spend my birthday.

1  Thank Skinnydip65
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The lines were very long. On average, we had to wait an hour to an hour and a half for a roller coaster. If you wanted to spend an additional $60 for a fast lane pass and jump ahead of everyone in line, you would not have to wait at all and them make the other people wait even longer. To get lunch, we waited an hour in line at the Chick-fil-a in the park. It appeared that most workers were teenagers and it was obvious they were not in a hurry to do anything! Next time we will go back to Busch Gardens where you have great service and a clean park!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Our family had a blast here! We have a teen and a 6 year old, and my husband and I loooove coasters. The Intimidator (look this one up) is seriously the most thrilling coaster I have encountered, and I have done 2 Six Flgas, Busch Gardens, Universal, and Islands of Adventure. They had some great rides along with it. The park is neatly kept, and the kiddie area was far from babyish! They have it all covered for all ages, and it took a full day to hit everything. This is worth doing for a 2-day, and definitely so in the summer when the waterpark is open.