“Roller Coaster Heaven”

and up
Carowinds General Admission Ticket
Ranked #23 of 189 things to do in Charlotte
More attraction details
Owner description: A mecca of family fun, this 105-acre theme/water park features rides that thrill and live entertainment.
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Love the coasters; especially the Intimidator. Buy a Fast Lane bracelet- totally worth the $. Scarowinds is fun but we prefer to visit this park in the daytime- it's small and compact- thus making it harder to find your way around in the dark. If you like Zombie night this is your place. Special park prices for the Scarowinds event.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,826)
All reviews
in 28 reviews
"free water"
in 43 reviews

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Last year we went with some friends to Carowinds during their annual "Scarowinds" Halloween days. Man did we have a blast! I have ridden the coasters in the past but never at night and it is a way better experience, especially the Intimidator! The haunted houses were scary as hell and the lines were not as long as a busy weekend day and since the park is only partly open during the Scarowinds times, it is not as expensive as the usual full price! We would def go back!

Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

I did a last minute trip with my daughter to Carowinds this past Saturday. I haven't been in about 6 years.

I waited in a 30 minute ticket line and felt like I was the only person in the park paying the full $55 price (people were turning in coke fans for $20 off and there were more 15 passenger church vans than I've ever seen).

We then proceeded to ride 4 to 5 roller coasters all day as the average wait time was at least 30 to 45 minutes.

Major rides were closed and the restaurants were totally unprepared and totally inefficient at moving and geeing people. The ladies at the BBQ place were taking orders one at a time and would have to go to the kitchen to bring out standard orders about 2 out of 3 orders causing huge delays and frustration. Condiments were not stocked and the staff was overwhelmed.

I had a great experience several years ago but I am very disappointed and will go to Busch or fly to Orlando in the future.

1  Thank NCFlyFisher25
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I started going to Carowinds in the 80's in high school. It was always so fun, clean and pretty. It still is. Our favorite ride was the Intimidator which we rode 6 straight times. Yikes! Scariest coaster I have ever been on. We rode the old favorites - Cyclone, Hurler, Vortex and Thunder Road (which I had forgotten has such a super scary first drop). The older side needs updating but it is still super fun and charming. Can't wait to go back and it was a great way to spend my birthday.

1  Thank Skinnydip65
See more reviews
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The lines were very long. On average, we had to wait an hour to an hour and a half for a roller coaster. If you wanted to spend an additional $60 for a fast lane pass and jump ahead of everyone in line, you would not have to wait at all and them make the other people wait even longer. To get lunch, we waited an hour in line at the Chick-fil-a in the park. It appeared that most workers were teenagers and it was obvious they were not in a hurry to do anything! Next time we will go back to Busch Gardens where you have great service and a clean park!