“Worth the 4 hour drive!”
Review of Carowinds

Carowinds
Ranked #11 of 181 things to do in Charlotte
More attraction details
Owner description: A mecca of family fun, this 105-acre theme/water park features rides that thrill and live entertainment.
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Our family had a blast here! We have a teen and a 6 year old, and my husband and I loooove coasters. The Intimidator (look this one up) is seriously the most thrilling coaster I have encountered, and I have done 2 Six Flgas, Busch Gardens, Universal, and Islands of Adventure. They had some great rides along with it. The park is neatly kept, and the kiddie area was far from babyish! They have it all covered for all ages, and it took a full day to hit everything. This is worth doing for a 2-day, and definitely so in the summer when the waterpark is open.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Scarowinds is well worth the money for what is available, but be ready to wait in loooonnnngggg lines to experience any of it. I went the first Saturday night it was open and the park was a packed with visitors, but everywhere we turned, there were ghouls of all kinds.
I would say to make your own judgement about what aged kids to bring. we would not let our 4 year old come, and our 12 year old did not want to come. Our 9 and 10 year olds chose to go. My 9 year old was scared to death the entire time and wanted to go home, while my 10 year old had a blast!
I liked that so many of the rides were open in addition to the haunted houses so you could mix up the scary with the thrilling. The haunted houses are by far the awesomest I have ever experienced.

4  Thank JessicaB140
Reviewed September 23, 2012

This was your average haunt. It wasn't very busy and the lines were decent. However, a lot of the actors weren't really trying. The pacing into the haunted houses wasn't right. They were sending groups in too quickly, causing a backup and not allowing the actors to reset for the next group. It would have been a much better experience had they paced the groups better. Since it wasn't busy, I don't see why this wasn't being done.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Went for Halloween and it was awesome. The haunted houses were scary and the fog was errie (perfect for Halloween). We bought tickets that included a meal (not worth it) and a right to priority entrance (worth it). Although we were one of the few adults among teenagers, we had fun!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We had a great time. This was our first time taking the kids and they had a great time. Lots of activities. Can't wait to go back next year!