“A (partial) day at Carowinds”
Review of Carowinds

Carowinds
Ranked #11 of 183 things to do in Charlotte
More attraction details
Owner description: A mecca of family fun, this 105-acre theme/water park features rides that thrill and live entertainment.
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Carowinds is a nice park. I visited on a Friday and there were hardly any lines at all. The coasters are great. That's why I was there. I was able to arrive at 10:30 am and ride everything I wanted by 5 pm. I don't know if my experience was unusual, but I was very surprised by the lack of people. The weather was good, the rides range from mild to thrilling. The park seems like it should appeal to a wide variety of people. Yet, no lines? Nevertheless, I enjoyed myself. But by 5pm, I had ridden everything I wanted to ride and was ready to head back to the hotel even though the park remained open until 10. I say, give it a try. It is a nice park with a lot of fun and thrilling rides and milder ones for the younger crowd and/or the feint of heart. I do suggest bringing a cooler with food...my experience with the park food was not positive. The food was over priced and bland or in some cases inedible.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,776)

Reviewed July 12, 2012

This is a very affordable place to take your family. I loved the water park area, and the Intimidator. They need a better variety of rides, and there is predominantly coasters. We love coasters, but enjoy doing other stuff too that isnt just kiddie rides.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

definitely a very nice place for family, exciting water and pretty extremal roller-coaster

Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Most boring amusement park we have ever bern to. We are platinum pass holders and were in the area so we stopped. It does not even compare to Cedar Point or Kings Island. Staff members are rude. The perks for us members are not good. At cp we get in 1 hour early to RIDE here we got in only 15min early to WAIT. Horrible...

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Although it is overpriced. I would recommend this theme park to parents of children up to teenagers. We have spent all our time in the water park. This amusement park is typical of the the cedar fair chain.