“SLAMMIN Fish & Chips!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Fitzgerald's Irish Pub
Ranked #234 of 2,340 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: College St
Transit: Free Parking from 5:00pm-3:00am at the 5th St Parking Garage with Validation
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“SLAMMIN Fish & Chips!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I took some local friends out to eat, and they wanted to come here- which may say something about this place. We sat on the rooftop and enjoyed the late summer air, had a couple beers, and ate. I honestly can't even comment on the interior of the place.The service was solid, tho for sure. I had a couple local micro brews, darker ales, tho I cannot recall exactly which breweries they were from... But I can say with absolute certainty that their fish & chips was THE best I've had in the U.S. The English have it figured out- tho funnily enough, now-a-days in England, fish & chips is typically served by non-Brits, in a take-away walk-in place. I was never disappointed in England, or Scotland- but eating fish & chips in the U.S. is dicey- you just never know. I have no earthly idea what other menu items this place has; their fish & chips was honestly that good. I seem to have forgotten all else. But my local friends like it and go there regularly. In my own mind, that stands for quite a lot in a place.

• Visited September 2012

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Average food, so-so service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

I was very excited before Fitzgerald's opened. I love Irish Pub-style restauarants, and with Rira's always being so busy, having a new place practically steps from my office was going to be great! But, then I went there...

In the three visits I've made to Fitzgerald's, I've never left satisfied. The food was nothing special, and nothing remarkable "Irish" aside from renaming some classics. They do have really great sweet potato fries though.

The service has also been very slow every time I've been there, inspite of seeing more servers than tables with guests... Downtown restaurants should be able to get people in and out in an hour, that's a standard. I shouldn't have to send someone to hunt down our server to get our bill when we've been done eating for 15 minutes...

I don't think I'd recommend this place, at least not for a weekday lunch. Perhaps they are better in the evenings, when there's a game or event at the Arena.

Visited December 2012
South Easton, Massachusetts
“Fun place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Liked the bull and great beer selection. The place is pretty big and accommodated our large group and we all got to sit together.

Greater Cincinnati
“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

We were there for all you can eat crab legs. Food was excellant and service was great. Our server was awesome and even took care of our large parties special request with ease. It was a fun evening, the atmospher of the restaurant was great.

Sutherland, Nebraska
“Fun Irish Pub/Sports Bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

Delicious food - check their website for text specials, and check in on foursquare for a special there as well. If you're up to it, try their "Tower of Beer."