“It's easy being green”

Ranked #183 of 2,465 Restaurants in Charlotte
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Good vegan food in relaxed atmosphere incl the service which is more hey man I'll get there when I get there than what can I get you. Annoying.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

the food is excellent. brilliantly conceived and executed. I have been for brunch and the creations have familiar forms, so it is a great place to take non-vegans, like my parents, who enjoyed it...none of the prior comments from them about how can you eat like this every day, how do you get enough protein, etc. Definitely worth trip if you're anywhere in the Charlotte area!

1  Thank SouthernVegan
Reviewed June 21, 2014

My mom and I recently tried eating at Fern one more time and were a little disappointed again. Our first time was soon after the restaurant opened and now I believe the head chef has since changed. Anyways, we went for lunch and were shocked to see some of the mains so highly priced. Most main dishes were around $12 or $14 while a pad thai dish was a walloping $18. For a place that does lunch we wanted something quick, easy, tasty and affordable but Fern just isn't that. You'll be hard pressed to leave with your bill under $20 for lunch with 2 people. The veggie OM burger which we ordered was pretty boring and nothing special. The $8 vegetable bruschetta was tasty but I ordered it as my main course and it's safe to say I left hungry. Cucumber infused water is really nice there but unfortunately we probably won't be going back anytime soon. Maybe better for dinner or a splurge night out rather than just an easy lunch.

Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

I loved my experience at Fern! They have a cute outdoor eating area as well as a spacious interior. We were seated right away at our choice of tables which is always nice.

Server was super helpful and went out of his way accommodate a picky palate.

Food was scrumptious!! They were also very good at accommodating special requests.

A must stop in Charlotte for sure!

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I took a friend for dinner at Fern on a lark. We were welcomed by a beautiful and relaxed decor. The real surprise was the food - inventive and gorgeously presented. Good wine list. The menu is seasonal and changes according to what's available. I had an eggplant 'steak' and the portion was so big, I had to take half of it home. Really good service. I'll be back to try more dishes.

1  Thank Kalina I