“Outstanding!! Great culinary art, and good for you, too!”

Fern Flavors from the Garden
Ranked #159 of 2,570 Restaurants in Charlotte
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Charlotte's BEST vegan/vegetarian restaurant. Delivering fresh and local ingredients to the masses, FERN's goal is to make non-vegans enjoy vegan food! We hope you'll love what we do!
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Our vegan meals were top flight. We had lots of options, and great advice from friendly and knowledgeable staff and manager. The combinations the chef uses are awesome. Great ambiance, too. Easy, free parking is a bonus. You'll love the whole package.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Had the tempeh steak marinated in hot sauce with succotash and it was delicious. Not too hot either but just very flavorful. Ice tea with orange and a small bit of ginger was good too. We sat indoors which is very relaxing with cool colors, chandeliers made from glass jars, etc. No chocolate desserts the day I was there, so we didn't try any of the desserts which sounded interesting but a chocolate option is always nice.

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Why does healthy food have to cost so much? I guess it's the way of the world....a pity because I would love to eat here more often to experiment & get a break from the ordinary. The hummus & cucumber appetizers were super. In my main dish the beet looked just like tuna, the tofu just like swordfish & I could swear the turnip was a sea scallop. I also had a sip each of my daughter's smoothies; but neither appealed to me. For desert we shared a roasted peach cobbler type dish. All of it was Vegan & Gluten free but tasty, if you can appreciate something different. The dishes were presented well and pretty as a picture. I would have given them 5 stars if it didn't cost $163 for 4 people to dine, tip included.....but, if I ever hit the lottery, I'll be back!!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

My boyfriend and I happened upon this restaurant by accident, and we entered not realizing that the offerings were solely vegetarian. Though we're both meat-eaters, we're not ones to back down from a challenge and decided to give it a shot. We were kind of excited to realize that the water they served was laced with cucumber--it was surprisingly refreshing! The menu was very descriptive and listed many things neither of us had ever tried. I ended up getting a grilled peach and green bean salad that was very fresh and extremely well-made--I cleaned my plate. My boyfriend got the Buddha bowl, complete with black rice, two different types of beans, squash, eggplant, snow peas, and more. We weren't bold enough to try the vegan desserts, though they sounded inventive and fun. As two people who value meat, I think that Fern might have given us a new appreciation for vegetarian-friendly food.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

While shopping in the NoDa area not far from Fern a shop owner recommended Fern. We found the staff to be friendly and the menu FULL of choices. Being vegetarians (technically pescetarians) we are always excited to find an all veggie restaurant. We selected the Drew’s Vegan Shoyu Ramen, Kale Gnocchi & Kale Chips. The Ramen was the best meal and the Kale Chips were yummie! The translucent window coverings and soft lighting along with the wooden tables gave the space a tranquil atmosphere. Locals dined along side visitors but all seemed happy & grateful for such a gem of a restaurant.