“A gem in the heart of the city”

Little Sugar Creek Greenway
Ranked #24 of 180 things to do in Charlotte
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is a long green trail which can be done in parts. We did the part next to downtown (Morehead Street). The path is beautiful and green, accessible to strollers and wheelchairs. It runs along the river and is a lot of fun. Definitely a must see when you visit Charlotte. The trail intersects some good restaurants if you want to grab a bite.

1  Thank adventix
There are newer reviews for Little Sugar Creek Greenway

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I not only really like the greenway as a walk way for visitors, but love the green aspect of the wildlife habitat and ecosystem restoration. Taking the Little Sugar Creek Greenway from Thompson Park to almost Freedom Park is a great stroll.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I love this greenway. Makes me feel like I am in a real city. I can bike about 12 miles from my house along the creek.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

My wife and I ran and rode bikes along the Litttle Sugar Creek Greenway several times during our trip to Charlotte. Great pathway that connects uptown and Freedom Park

Reviewed October 12, 2013

From San Diego so we have great outdoor space to run from the mountains to the beach but this was just as enjoyable as any place I have run in San Diego! Beautiful place for a Sunday afternoon jog.