“Great place to run while in Charlotte”

Little Sugar Creek Greenway
Ranked #22 of 183 things to do in Charlotte
Reviewed November 22, 2013

My wife and I ran and rode bikes along the Litttle Sugar Creek Greenway several times during our trip to Charlotte. Great pathway that connects uptown and Freedom Park

Reviewed October 12, 2013

From San Diego so we have great outdoor space to run from the mountains to the beach but this was just as enjoyable as any place I have run in San Diego! Beautiful place for a Sunday afternoon jog.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Finally. A place to ride bikes that's longer than five miles. Very little dodging traffic. No gravel (I have slicks on my bike). But way more than that; this has atmosphere. Jump on anywhere; the trail hugs the Metropolitan Shopping/Dining area if you're uptown. It goes to Park Road Shopping Center if you live south. You can get back on the trail up on 12th and then ride to NoDa up north.
If you're visiting Charlotte and want to walk/run do this: get yourself to the Metropolitan Shopping area. There's a Target there; it's your best landmark. Head toward the creek and hop on the trail there. It goes along the recently-reclaimed Sugar Creek and you can get in a really nice walk or run in there. There are dogs and cyclists too so remember to share, please.
Casual cyclists, for a really great experience do this: start at Park Road Shopping Center on Park and Woodlawn. Park at the back and ride your bike onto Brandywine Road and onto the path. Follow the well-marked tail up through the backs of neighborhoods, skirt Freedom Park, and pop out at the urban area near the Metropolitan Shopping area. I love what they've done with the landscaping there! Ride up to Elizabeth, then jog onto Elizabeth, turn right onto McDowell, follow the road under the underpass and hard left to 12th (might need a map here -- not well marked), then hop back onto the trail at 12th. THEN......the treat. Ride yourself on up to Amelie's in NoDa! Have lunch, get a French snack, hang out with everyone, then get back on your bike and head home, satiated. This ride is approx. 18-20 miles RT on mostly good pavement (they're tearing up Elizabeth as I write but you can still ride on it) and it's easy. I can't wait to go again!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

This is my favorite place to run in the area. The city has done a great job buying up the land along Little Sugar Creek along Kings up to the Park Road shopping center and building this scenic path for running, biking, walking etc.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

This is the coolest place! I was visiting on business and heard about it. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to check it out!

Figuring it out was a bit of a learning curve. I picked it up at 3rd street. I didn't understand, so I headed towards 4th. Got super confused by the construction, but followed a runner through it. Shortly afterwards, came to a very busy street and got confused again, but then I noticed the map and realized that I was at the end. I turned around and got the hang of it.

There are tiny signposts directing you to the continuation of the greenway and indicating where you are (in case you need to hop out).

I took it about 3 miles back. You go underneath the roads in places, which was a little concerning (even during the day), but nothing bad happened :) The view is very relaxing, and it's so nice to be able to run straight through without traffic or stoplights to contend with. There were a number of small hills, which kept it interesting.

Highly recommended for a daytime jog.