“One of my Favorites”

Add it.
Boneheads
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is one of the best restaurants in Charlotte and possibly my favorite one near me and that is saying a lot because there are a ton of good places to eat in Ballantyne. The food is always good and is always reasonably prices. I love the angus burgers, Mahi Mahi, and the chicken teriyaki and a must have is the New England clam chowder. Phil the owner is a good guy and the staff is always friendly. Cant go wrong if you choose here to dine in or order out.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife and I visited Boneheads a couple weeks ago based on reviews I found online. We recently relocated to Charlotte. Well, it was wonderful. I did not know what to expect and this if what I found. When you arrive, you get in line and order your food almost like a fast food restaurant, there are so many choices for sides, type of fish, how it is cooked and also appetizers. The cashier recommended the shrimp appetizers (Can't remember its name); it was delightful. We each ordered a fish fillet cooked in one of their signature ways with a side and a drink.
You then find a table and an employee will bring the food out.
The food was very warm, tasted very fresh and it was full of flavor.

We will repeat Boneheads when we are closeby. This time we went as a couple but we will bring the kids on another occasion. It is a family friendly environment.

Boneheads has more than fish on the menu for those folks who wish to have another alternative however, it is a mainly seafood restaurant.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I wanted to share my opinion of this restaurant in case it helps someone decide. This is currently my favorite restaurant in the Charlotte area. I've been visiting this place since it opened and I have never been disappointed. The food is delicious here and they have great sweet tea! I usually get the salmon with pineapple salsa and fries for the side. I love fish and this place offers fresh fish at a very reasonable price. The other reason I love this place is that my wife despises seafood but she loves their chicken and gets it every time. We rarely find a place that has good seafood and chicken but this place does it. If you haven't been here, I would definitely suggest that you try it out. The atmosphere is great as they have live music sometimes. During the summer it is nice to sit outside and enjoy the awesome weather while eating a great meal.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We eat here often. Never had a bad experience. The staff and service is excellent. Love the atmostphere in nice weather with live music. I know we always "out-stay" our welcome. Terrific food. Fresh, flavorful, great variety. You walk away feeling full...but full of real food, not processed fried junk! Prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Boneheads is located in a shopping center in southeast Charlotte. This was not my first time dining here and definitely not the last. Upon ordering at lunchtime, the restaurant was practically empty. I got the mahi-mahi with your choice of topping, which was corn and black bean salsa. The fish was grilled perfectly and the topping was also delicious. The plate also had a side of yellow rice, which was very tasty and plentiful. For only $10.99, this is a really good price for the generous portions. Other options are other fish choices, chicken, salads and sandwiches. I would have given this rating 5 stars, but the wait time was ridiculously long and was 30 to 35 minutes. There were a few catering or take out orders at that time, which probably caused our delay.

1  Thank borntotravel863