“Excellent hotel. Friendly staff. Great location”
Review of Westin Charlotte

Westin Charlotte
Ranked #29 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Blackpool, UK
“Excellent hotel. Friendly staff. Great location”
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights in March and I couldn't be more impressed by a hotel if I tried.

It's situated right in the centre of Charlotte, about a five minute walk from the Time Warned Arena, Bank of America Stadium and the Epicentre....or a two minute taxi ride.

When I arrived at the hotel, I was greeted by some very kind and polite staff on reception, who checked me in and gave me a free upgraded room. Which after a 14 hour flight was a nice welcome.

The hotel is very busy and even tho it's very businessy, you don't feel like your stuck in a corporate hotel. The rooms are very clean, the beds comfy and the view from our room was incredible looking out over Charlotte.

I used the hotel gym a couple of times, which pretty much has everything you need to get a decent work out done. The only minor complaint I'd say would be the pool area was freezing, but it was a very cold day outside, so that can't be helped.

All in all, this was an excellent place to stay and would recommend it to anybody travelling to Charlotte, for business or pleasure.

Stayed March 2014
WestinCharlotte, Manager at Westin Charlotte, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you so much for your 5-star review! We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to welcoming you back with us soon! - Guntram Merl, Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I went there for one week attending a conference. Even for a "reduced" price of 179 $/day, where you have to add about 15% taxes, and not including breakfast, you may expect something.
Check-in and -out efficient and friendly. Front desk also efficient during the week.
Room is spacious; confortable bed, but walls might need refreshment.
Electrical sockets in the walls need update, especially if you need to insert an European adapter.
After writing this, you should expect me to give 4*. Well what was less positive is the following:
Internet is free in the lobby, but not free in other locations (meeting place, room) and the price to pay is quite high. Strange if you consider internet is free in almost the whole Charlotte area, and certainly in several cheaper hotels.
They also forgot my laundry bag somewhere under a desk, and as it was my last day, I had to pack with dirty laundry. However, I have to add that they made some compensation (suppress another laundry earlier in the week) what I appreciate.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback and for being our guest. We will use your review to help us further improve the overall guest experiences. We look forward to your next stay with us. Be well. - Guntram Merl, Hotel Manager
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Very nice hotel. Very clean and the staff was very good. The location is very good, in downtown. Beside de convention center that where I had a meeting. Internet had to be paid, its not good thing and there's no shuttle to airport.

Room Tip: Highest floor have a nice view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay. We will use your comments to help us improve further guest experiences. Be well. - Guntram Merl, Hotel Manager
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Our room was very clean and while it was on the 11th floor, facing the freeway, we heard no freeway noise at night. We were in room 1106 and we requested that a microwave be brought up to our room, which they did. The left side of the electrical outlet behind the desk in the room did not work, so we had to find other outlets to plug our electronics in. The safe in our room was nice to lock up anything that needed to be locked up. The refrigerator in the room did not get cold enough for our drinks...the lowest it would go was 41 and that still wasn't cold enough. The TV was sufficient enough, but could have used more channels...I think that there were only 30ish channels. The bed was VERY comfortable and provided a good night's sleep. The room had an ironing board and iron, as well as a hair dryer in the bathroom. The only cons we had was that you had to pay for parking at $18 a day, while you had a choice of self-parking or valet and the lack of wifi in the rooms for the price you pay for the room. Thankfully we brought our hotspot for our wifi.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
I am delighted to know that overall you enjoyed your visit. Thank you for providing us with your feedback. Be well. - Guntram Merl, Hotel Manager
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

The hotel staff was super friendly and just plain awesome. They were very knowledgeable! I totally recommend the Westin. The rooms were very neat and clean. Everything is up to date. If you are looking for the refridgerator in the room. It's apart of the dresser! Just open it up. There were 3 of us in a room; we were there for our Mary Kay Career Conference and this is the perfect location as it right next store to the convention ctr.

• Stayed March 2014
WestinCharlotte, Manager at Westin Charlotte, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review! We love having the Mary Kay team here! We look forward to your next visit! Be well. - Guntram Merl, Hotel Manager
Austin, Texas
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Super friendly staff. Rooms were clean and fresh smelling. Hotel was is very good order as were the rooms. Convenient location. Good internet connection. Hotel restaurant has very good food. I enjoyed my stay and would stay there again. Great job, Westin!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit! Be well. - Guntram Merl, Hotel Manager
Bronte, Australia
Reviewed April 1, 2014

This is my first review. Perhaps I should review the countless good hotels I have stayed in - but I never felt motivated.

This hotel I am motivated.

Motivated by rage.

I could not be more unhappy with this hotel if my pillow were smeared with faeces. I had the misfortune of being stuck in this hotel when sick - running a serious fever.

I rang at night and explained that I had fever and I would like them to bring up a couple of extra blankets. I told them I was desperately cold.

It took more than 40 minutes. And then another 20 minutes after I rang in desperation.

And it wasn't just when I was sick. Going to the airport I asked for a porter to be in my room in five minutes. Twenty five minutes elapsed.

Also the bills - presented when sick - involved delivery charges which were neither on the menu or of which I was informed in advance. This is theft, pure and simple. This hotel steals from the sick.

Those bills were reversed but only after I told them I had looked up the process for suing them in the small claims court.

On the plus side the hotel was clean, sanitary even. Dull. But I would have preferred an honest hotel with fleas.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank John H
Thank you for providing us with your feedback, and let me apologize that your experience during your stay was less than what you desired. Please reach out to me directly so we can discuss your stay. Thank you again for being our guest. - Guntram Merl, Hotel Manager