“Nice property for business”

The Westin Charlotte
Ranked #33 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This was a nice hotel for the conference we held here. It was clean and modern and the service was good. The guest rooms were basic and clean. The conference space was also basic but clean and nice. It was also beneficial to own the whole first floor of conference rooms so our attendees didnt stray too far :). Would recommend for a small conference of 150 or so people. I rated the location as average because there wasnt a whole lot to do (there were bars and restaurants) but i was there Sun-Tues so I wouldnt imagine most places are pretty dead during the week :)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
WestinCharlotte, General Manager at The Westin Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are delighted you found our hotel enjoyable! The next time you stay with us, we invite you to take advantage of the Lynx Light Rail, that makes a stop at our hotel. The Light Rail runs through the most exciting parts of the city, putting you just minutes away from all Charlotte has to offer! We hope to see you very soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,591)

Reviewed September 17, 2013

My wife and I decided to stay at The Westin Charlotte on the first night of our Honeymoon before going to Port Canaveral for a cruise. From the moment I checked in to the moment I checked out I felt like a valued customer. My first encounter was at the front desk when I met Jessica. She congratulated me on the wedding that was happening later that day and offered me a complimentary upgrade. As a result the room we had was AMAZING! It was on one of the top floors facing the city. That said, the hospitality didn't stop there, after the wedding when my wife and I arrived there was an iced bottle of Champagne waiting for us. Great overall experience and next time I'm looking for somewhere uptown to stay I know where to look! Thanks for the role played in making our special day the best ever!!!

Room Tip: Try to face the city for a good view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind review! We are delighted you and your wife chose Westin! We can’t wait to celebrate with you many years to come. Be well! - Leo Percopo, General Manager

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times and always been satisfied. My experience this stay with Jessica at the front desk was amazing! She went out of her way to help organize my reservation; her customer service skills exceeded all expectations.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
WestinCharlotte, General Manager at The Westin Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. You are very right, Jessica is AMAZING! She is a customer focused staff member who really tries to help guests preserve wellness in travel. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to the Queen City.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Jessica at the front desk was exceptional! The best customer service I have ever experienced at a hotel. I have had negative hotel experiences in the past, but I will definitely return to the Charlotte Westin again thanks to the superior customer service we received. Thanks, Jessica!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for giving a shoutout to our staff. We feel they are the best hotel staff in Charlotte with a real customer focus. We hope to welcome you back real soon.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

This hotel has a lot of potential, but unfortunately the rooms are very noisy! Whenever someone in the hallway closed the door to their room you could hear it as if it was slamming. The doors did not shut quietly even when making an effort to do so. You could also hear the people talking in the hallway so loudly it was like they were in the room with you!

Also, the platinum breakfast amentiy was a let down. Many times when I've stayed at Westins they have even offered free breakfast if there was no club lounge, at this Westin the amentiy breakfast is only the cold breakfast buffet. You have to pay 5 dollars to upgrade to the hot buffet, and it's not even very good by Westin standards.

Everything else about this hotel is what you would expect from a Westin. Very nice rooms with comfortable beds, nice lobby, excellent and very large gym. The location also seems to be decent.

Overall my stay here was good, but as a light sleeper the noisy rooms were very problematic.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We value feedback of all forms. I am sorry you experienced noise issues during your most recent stay. We look forward to the chance to welcome you back on your next visit to the Queen City.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

This hotel hosted the BGR Sweat with your Sole conference and race and it was a great downtown locations with great ameneties including my favorite starbucks coffee available in the lobby or homebrewed in your room. The king size room was large with a seperate desk and sitting area and a mini frig. Loved the bathroom and the rain type shower heads. The bed as a little firm and not the heavenly bed I am accustomed to at the Westin. Very nice bar and restaurant in the lobby as well. Indoor swimming pool, fitness center and option to obtain new balance workout clothes and shoes for a small fee if you forgot yours at home. Parking was cheap for a downtown location and hotel as in walking distance to shops, food and entertainment. Staff was helpful and accomodating.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you got a chance to experience amenities such as the New Balance gear lending program. Being able to rent workout clothing and shoes for $5.00 during your stay really helps in decreasing the space and weight of the suitcase. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Queen City.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Stayed here for a conference In August 2013. Nice location to downtown. Within walking distance to everything important. When I made my reservations I asked for the room rate and was given a price, when I checked in I confirmed the conference rate. MUCH to my surprise and everyone else in my group when we checked out an $18.00 a day parking fee and 10% occupancy tax not to mention the state sales tax was added to the bill. I can understand the taxes but paying $108.00 to park my car while I stayed at their hotel is ridiculous. Totally unacceptable for self parking at a hotel I'm paying well over $100 a night to stay at. I know everyone in our PFE group was not pleased with the desk response of "Tha'ts what it cost to park in downtown Charlotte." We were not parking at a venue, we were parking at a hotel. I for one have never been charged for parking where I stayed before. Lesson learned when traveling in Charlotte!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
WestinCharlotte, General Manager at The Westin Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all forms of feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Queen City.