“Home away from home!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #29 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
Concord, North Carolina
“Home away from home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

First off, thank you to The Westin Charlotte for being the Host Hotel of Charlotte Pride 2013. My stay was absolutely fabulous. My room was on the 20th floor with a spectacular view of the queen city. At Checkin, Jessica made me feel very welcome as if I were a guest in her own home. Never before have I had that experience at any hotel I have ever stayed at. She was also very friendly and even called me by name any time I came to the lobby. As a vendor for the event, Jessica showed great interest and even showed celebration (while maintaining professionalism) with me as the event brought in great numbers and movement for my company. It goes to show that true customer service is not dead. Thank you Jessica and Matt for making my stay in Charlotte one of the best I have ever had.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
WestinCharlotte, General Manager at Westin Charlotte, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you felt welcomed by our staff, especially Jessica. We agree she is GREAT! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Queen City.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
Aid, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

This hotel is in a very convenient location, but is really nothing special. It is clean and safe.
The lobby is large and busy, but check in was pleasant and friendly. The rooms are average. The bed seemed hard to me, but I'm used to memory foam so I'm not sure it's a fair comparison. The bathroom was nice.
There is wifi, but they charge $11.95 a night for access. If you are on a lower floor though, you can connect to the "Westin Lobby" wifi which is free. There is also a fee for parking. There is no free breakfast, but there is a restaurant onsite where you can buy a $15 bowl of oatmeal. I recommend that you make the short walk over to the Moonlight Diner for an excellent breakfast for a small fraction of the cost.
Overall, the hotel is fine, but it is almost as nice as Hampton Inn without the free breakfast, with a fee for parking, with a fee for wifi, and rooms that are not as nice. The one plusses are location and friendly service.

Room Tip: Rooms on lower levels can access the lobby wifi for free. The upper rooms on the side of the buildi...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WestinCharlotte, General Manager at Westin Charlotte, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you got to enjoy our proximity to all Uptown Charlotte has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Queen City.
Morehead City, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

This is how I remember hotels should be. Clean, modern, with all the necessary amenities. The staff were very friendly and helpful at all times. I couldn't ask for a better stay for our girls' weekend in Charlotte.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your most recent visit to our hotel. We are glad you and your friends enjoyed a fantastic girls' weekend. We hope to welcome you all back on your next trip to the Queen City.
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed here for business. Nice, quiet, room. world famous Westin bed. Friendly staff, very accommodating. Very nice business meeting rooms. Very close to amazing restaurants and jazz clubs down the street within walking distant.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for telling us about your recent trip to the Westin Charlotte. We are glad you got to enjoy the Westin Heavenly bed and all Uptown Charlotte has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Queen City.
Hamme, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for five nights and had a wonderfull time! Good Customer service with an eye for what people like during their visit in the city of Charlotte! Splendid comfortable room with city overview and everything you need. Good wifi on the room! Fitness and Wellness are great (fresh towels!). Love the swimming pool!

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
WestinCharlotte, General Manager at Westin Charlotte, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your most recent visit to our hotel. We are glad you had the chance to enjoy our WestinWorkout facility. Guests may use the facility 24 hours a day to keep up their fitness routine while away from home. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Queen City.
Caeur D Alene
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Reception and front desk service was quick and easy. Very friendly staff

Amazing restaurant in lobby area

The gym is new with a great beautiful indoor pool and a sauna
Machines are well kept new and the weights are clean.
Cardio area holds many people at once. It's one of the good hotel gyms I've seen

I had an issue at night with the vent noise and the staff helped immediately to get me moved to a new room.

Excellent service

I will return

• 5 of 5 bubbles
WestinCharlotte, General Manager at Westin Charlotte, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad the service exceeded your expectations. The Westin Workout is a great facility designed to help guests maintain their fitness routine away from home. We also offer running maps should a guest like to get outside for a run. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to the Queen City.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

It's my first stay at this property, but as an SPG member I was acknowledged and provided a nice room (2033) at the end of the hall nice and quiet. Being here on business from Sunday to Wednesday my stay has been mostly good not great and there is room for improvement.

Likes- lobby decor, room size, cheeseburger at Embers off the lobby, the shower was amazing.

Dislikes - the tv remote by Command was a complete fail, couldn't change channels without turning the tv off and accessing the main menu to select "watch tv". After doing so the picture was LD / low definition and grainy. The staff was friendly and helpful but I was a little taken a back when charged a $2.00 fee per delivery for 5 dinner invites I sent to customers to join me for dinner. My expect expectations at a Westin property are a little higher and service orientated.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your most recent stay at the Westin Charlotte. You are right, the cheeseburger at the Ember Grille is delicious as well as all the other menu items. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Charlotte.