“Busy, but solid.”

The Westin Charlotte
Ranked #33 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed for a weekend for an event happening at the convention center (right across the street from the hotel). The first night I was there there was a lot of noise (someone staying with me snores really loudly) and I really needed to sleep. I went to the front desk to ask if they had earplugs. They had none. Then Forrest Weinberg came out and told me he would get some from his car. Who carries individually wrapped earplugs in their car? I was so thrilled, and impressed that someone could help me..

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
WestinCharlotte, Manager at The Westin Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thanks so much for your review! We are delighted to know Forrest was able to help you out. Hopefully you were able to get a good night of sleep after that! We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We were first impressed by the appearance. Followed by the inviting attitudes of the staff. The staff treated everyone in the loddy like royalty. Our room was great and everyone was happy to give information and advice on what to do to make our rainy weekend stay as pleasant as possible. Right down to the gentleman in the gift shop pulling out a copy of the guest maps and showing us the trolley options for seeing parts of the local area. Dining was wonderful and we were glad to do the check-out survey. Doing the on-line survey offered a new surprise. I made a suggestion and one small observation and guess what happened. The manage actually wrote us with an answer to my question and an announcement that the one possible improvement would be made by the time we returned.

Go to Westin to feel like royalty!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
WestinCharlotte, General Manager at The Westin Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you so much for your great review! We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your rainy weekend in the Queen City! We value our guests feedback very much as we want to continuously improve the overall guest experience. We hope to see you back very soon!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

My husband and I took a quick night away to spend some time in Charlotte. We were greeted with smiles and the staff is extremely helpful and professional. Atmosphere is modern and classy. A great place to stay and relax! A close walk to the heart of Charlotte. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms that have a view of the city!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are delighted to know that you and your husband enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you back again very soon! Be well!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed at the Westin - Charlotte property for a weekend stay recently. I arrived approximately 8 p.m. on a Friday night. The staff seemed very uninterested in checking me into the hotel. Three front desk staff ignored my standing in line for nearly 5 minutes. They weren't assisting other customers or on the phones. Just talking among themselves and on their computers. Once acknowledged I was checked in quickly with no conversation or explanation.

The rooms are ok. I was in a handicap accessible room (not my choice). There was a roll-in shower with no separation from the rest of the floor. Therefore, showering fills 75% of the bathroom with water. There were also virtually no shelving or storage options in the bath room. Not the most efficient handicap design I've seen, but then again, I'm not the target audience.

The bed was comfortable. Pillows were sufficient. Room service was very noisy (slamming every door) on Saturday. I'm not normally in the hotel during room service hours, so I don't know how this compares. The hotel was very loud on Friday night, as well. I think that had more to do with the conference in town than the hotel, but they certainly didn't enforce quiet hours.

The property is located on the edge of downtown. It is several blocks from the arena and most every restaurant. It is located directly across the street from the Nascar building, if that is your destination. It does have a trolley stop located just outside the back door, which makes the location more convenient when the trolley is running regularly.

I booked through Priceline for a decent price for my two night stay. A couple weeks after the stay, I was charged for two nights, in addition to the two nights I had already paid Priceline. I called the hotel to make them aware I had been charged inappropriately. They agreed to refund the money. Unfortunately, it will take 7-10 days to refund the money they inappropriately took from my account. They never once apologized for the trouble.

Their screw up, my inconvenience. They don't even acknowledge the screw up with an apology.

Bottom line: I've definitely stayed in much nicer Westin properties. And every hotel I've stayed in the past few years has had better customer service. Do yourself a favor and stay at the Omni, Holiday Inn, or other better located properties. I promise they'll have better service.

Room Tip: Don't get stuck in a handicap room, or your bathroom will be much less convenient.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
WestinCharlotte, General Manager at The Westin Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

We are sorry to hear that we were unable to exceed your expectations during your recent visit with us. We appreciate the kind comments about our ideal location and convenient access to the Lynx Light Rail. However, we apologize about the miscommunication regarding your payment. We wish there was more we could do for bank holds. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience. We do hope you will stay with us again so we can show you what a true Westin Charlotte experience is like. Be well.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

In and out for business. First time staying here and can highly recommend. You can even self park! Room nice and clean. Staff friendly and helpful. Restaurant actually pretty good for hotel food. Location downtown with a lot of restaurants nearby but too cold for me to be adventurism. Will definitely be back.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay! We agree, the food at Ember Grille is much more than standard hotel flare; the Chicken & Waffle sliders are out of this world! We hope you will be back very soon! Be well.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

The Westin Charlotte is my "go to" hotel whenever I come to Charlotte on business. I have been staying at this property for five years now, and have never had a single issue with any of my stays. The staff is always pleasant, the restaurant is a great place for breakfast, and the rooms are in great condition. While the Westin Charlotte may not have all the frills and thrills of other Starwood properties, it does represent a great business traveler resource, and promises to provide a consistent and pleasant experience for anyone who is on the road.

Room Tip: There do not appear to be any "sub-par" rooms at this property. Ask for a higher floor to...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your wonderful review. Being considered consistent is an excellent compliment. We are delighted to know you frequent our hotel and do hope to see you back very soon. Be well!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We have stayed at this Westin on two occasions for business trips. The location
is great! We were within walking distance of everything that we needed.
The staff are always helpful,and the rooms have safes and a refrigerator, which
are always nice to have when traveling. The beds and especially the pillows are
great!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your great review! We are delighted to know you have frequented our hotel and hope to see you again very soon! Be well!