“THE BEST HOTEL EVER!!!”

The Westin Charlotte
Ranked #32 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed February 11, 2013

From the time I arrived until the time I left the hotel staff went out of their way to make this my best hotel stay ever and they succeeded. Every staff member i came in contact with was exceptionally friendly, very professional, and exceedingly helpful. The valets are very friendly and quick. The lobby was beautiful and clean. The bank of elevators is incredible and I never had to wait more than a few seconds for an elevator. Our room was awesome beautiful and clean. The Heavenly bed is truly Heavenly. Starbucks coffee stocked in the room!!! The rainhead shower and massage wand made for an incredible shower experience!! The town car cost only a few dollars more than getting a taxi and so we went to our event in true VIP style.
From start to finish this trip was the best trip I have ever been on and the Westin has definitely won a new customer!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
WestinCharlotte, General Manager at The Westin Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay and that we can expect to see you more frequently at our hotel and at other Starwood Properties! We will have a Heavenly® bed waiting for you on your next visit. Be well!

There are newer reviews for The Westin Charlotte

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I had a great stay. The staff were very helpful and nice. The room was great and very clean. I would highly recommend to anyone going to Charlotte. The food was also very good. I went to the gym which was state of the art. I hope everyone has as good of a stay as I did very nice place to visit.you want be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2013
WestinCharlotte, General Manager at The Westin Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay and that you would recommend us to others. We hope you’ll be back again soon!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stayed recently at the Westin Charlotte for business. I highly recommend the hotel for both business, couples, and family travelers. The hotel is located in downtown Charlotte, maybe 5-6 blocks from the heart of downtown but still very convenient to restaurants and shopping. The hotel has a large courtyard entrance which makes it easy to either valet park your car or be dropped off in a cab. The valet staff is friendly and well-trained. The hotel lobby has a very open floor plan with a large bar/gathering area located directly across from the check-in desk, a mini-Starbucks tucked away in a back corner, and a very nice restaurant as well. The rooms are excellent, very clean, very quiet, and larger than your standard hotel room. The health club is located on the third floor and has state-of-the-art equipment including a separate free-weight area. There's also heated lap pool that looked very nice. The men's locker room was outstanding, with lockers, sauna, and a separate massage room. Do youself a favor and stay at this hotel, you won't regret it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your kind review! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and that you would recommend us to others! We hope you’ll stay with us again very soon!

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed at The Westin in Charlotte last week and was far impressed with my experience.
The Northeast was on a Tornado watch so my Wednesday night flight was cancelled. Being that I had to catch a flight early that Thursday morning, I would not be able to check into my room before my client visits. I met Sheena at the front desk who not only set me up with access to the fitness room(to allow me to get freshened up), but also sent up a maid with an Ironing board and Iron, which allowed me to pull my Clark Kent to Board room Superman trick.
Sheena made sure that I had a great stay and saved me quality hours that morning. My room and hotel decor was very nice and well kept. I had a great experience in Charlotte largely because of Sheena and the good people at The Westin.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! Sheena is a wonderful member of our team; we are so glad she helped to improve your stay! We hope to see you back soon. Be well!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I have stayed at this property many times in the past and have always been impressed with their customer attentiveness and desire for quality. I am also impressed with the management's desire for customer satisfaction. Kara, as manager, stands out in particular. She is professional, extremely attentive to customer's needs and goes out of her way to maintain customer satisfaction. She is one of the main reasons I continue to stay at this property as well as staying in The Westins specifically. Thank you Kara.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Thank you so much for this great review! We are delighted to know Kara has made such an impact on you. We value having her as a member of our team and having you as a Preferred Guest. We look forward to your next stay! Be well!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

The Westin Charlotte is a great place to stay in the Uptown area. The hotel itself is elegant and sophisticated. The rooms are furnished in a sleek, modern style and the lobby, lounge and restaurant areas are equally classy. The hotel even smells amazing! I am not sure what scent they use, but it smells fresh, clean and relaxing. The hotel is incredibly convenient to any Uptown Charlotte attractions - you are within a few easily walkable blocks of any business, restaurant or venue.

I would highly recommend staying here if you have any upcoming business or pleasure in Charlotte.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your 5-Star review! We do enjoy the White Tea scent through-out our hotel and are glad you did too! We hope to see you back again very soon! Be well!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed at the Charlotte Westin last night to attend a conference that took place today. The hotel location is excellent, right in uptown, next to the Charlotte Convention Center. Easy walking distance to many dining and entertainment venues. Parking in the adjacent parking deck is convenient, and valet is also available, if desired. The hotel is a basic Westin, which is a fairly reliable product. The lobby area is fine. Check-in was easy. Staff is pleasant.

The room was a standard king room, and was pretty spacious. It had the usual amenities, including a good sized closet with iron and ironing board. Fridg stocked with what I assume are over-priced beverages. I didn't open it to see. In-room coffee maker with Starbucks coffees and a selection of Tazo teas. The bathroom was basic. Tub-shower combo, improved by an overhead rain-shower head and hand held shower head as well, and good water pressure. The hair dryer was a real blow dryer, not the mounted on the wall type, and it was fine. Bath products - soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion -were good quality. There was no shower gel.

The bed and bedding, which is promoted to be better than others in the industry was not impressive to me, but do realize that bed comfort is very subjective. I think the mattress was fine, no better or worse than Holiday Inn or Hampton Inn. I woke up several times during the night with a sore neck, sore back, etc, but that often happens to me when I sleep in any bed that isn't my own. It did feel very comfortable when I first laid down. The sheets, however, were extremely coarse and rough, to the point that it made my skin itch where pressure points pressed on the bottom sheet. These may be "high quality linens" in the sense that they were 100% cotton, densely woven and thick and heavy, but I did not find the course, nubby fabric pleasant at all. The duvet cover was smooth and I suspect cotton-poly blend. It was very hot under the duvet and cold if just under the sheet. I have the same problem with my down comforter at home, but I have a thinner quilt layer under it so that if I am too hot, there is a medium level before getting down to just the sheet.

In general, the room was clean, except the toilet, which is a deal-breaker. When I entered the bathroom for the first time, the toilet lid was down. I was a little dismayed when I lifted the lid to find that the toilet contained urine and toilet paper that had not been flushed. The trash had been emptied, the tub looked clean, and there were fresh towels, but it was pretty obvious the toilet hadn't been cleaned. That was kind of disturbing.

Overall, the hotel was just ok. It lowered my general opinion of Westin a notch or two. I did not feel that it offered anything above the quality of a less expensive chain hotel, such as Holiday Inn, Hampton Inn, or Marriott. If I chose this particular hotel in the future, it would be for the location, or for an event being held there.

Here is a tip: I believe wi-fi is available in the room for a charge, something like $12.95. I was going to purchase it, but when I went on my iPad to connect to the network, the in-room wi-fi came up with 2 bars of signal, and the free lobby wi-fi had 3 bars of signal in my room on the 13th floor. I just used the lobby wi-fi that night and the next day during the conference, and it was great signal and speed at no additional charge.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your thorough feedback. We are delighted to know you enjoyed many things about our hotel but are disappointed that we were unable to exceed your overall expectations. We do hope you will stay with us again soon so we can show you a true Westin experience. Be well.