“Westin Charlotte-Always awesome”

Ranked #29 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Mooresville, North Carolina
“Westin Charlotte-Always awesome”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and I just enjoyed an overnight stay to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary. The Westin Charlotte is the only place we will stay when visiting Uptown Charlotte. The service is top notch, from the front desk to the car service. We stayed on a preferred floor with a city view. The room was clean and the Heavenly Bed was, well Heavenly. I am already looking forward to our next stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
WestinCharlotte, General Manager at Westin Charlotte, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Congratulations on your 25th Anniversary! We are so delighted you and your husband chose to celebrate such a momentous occasion with us. Cheers to many more happy years together! See you both back again very soon. Be well!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is a very nice hotel located in downtown Charlotte. Restaurants and bars are all within three blocks. My room was clean, fresh and the bed was so comfortable. The fitness room is incredible for a hotel - 6 treadmills 5 ellipitcals weights, etc... The only negative is that parking is a bit expensive, but but it is in the same facility.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your excellent review! We are delighted to know our convenient location and upgraded amenities made your stay more enjoyable! We hope to see you back again very soon!
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed November 21, 2012

The hotel was very well deocorated as were the rooms. We ordered champagne for the room and it took 6 hours to be delivered! They did compliment, which they should have. The halls very very noisy. We were on a perferred customer floor, but it was still loud especially in the late evening. You can hear voices and doors slamming. For a hotel of this quality, that should not happen.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize your champagne came so late and that you experienced loud noises on your floor. We hope you’ll stay with us again soon so we can show you a more refreshing and relaxing time.
Marco Island, Florida
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay at the Westin Charlotte while attending a wedding in the Queen City. I requested a city view room on an upper floor and was accommodated. The checkin staff was very nice and helpful. Now I had stayed in the Marriott the last time in Charlotte and to my surprise, there was no comparison. The Westin is my new favorite. I even enrolled in Starwood Preferred Program. The only issue was that there were a few people in front of me and only two Starwood folks on the desk. It took about 15 minutes to check in.

The lobby was open and spotless. The restaurant on site was convenient and reasonably priced compared to usual hotel restaurants. The rom was large and very comfortable. The bed was very plush and my wife and I slept great for three nights.

Thanks Westin. I will now expect all Westin Hotels to be comparable.

Room Tip: Request a city view. I'm not sure if the highway ( John Belk freeway) would be noisy.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
WestinCharlotte, General Manager at Westin Charlotte, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for your kind review! We are delighted to be your new hotel of choice! We hope to see you and your wife again soon!
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
Reviewed November 17, 2012

This evening am staying at the Westin in Charlotte North Carolina. As I lay in my heavenly bed I am listening as young adults run up and down hallways yelling and screaming as well as banging on doors for no apparent reason. When I tried to get an elevator to my room it seemed that all the hotels elevators were full of the same young adults just sitting(YES SITTING) on the floors of the elevators. I ended up walking up 16 floors so that I did not have to wait and ride elevators with young adults trying to see how many people can fit on them and then letting the alarm sound. I realize that the Hotel is not responsible for its guests behavior, but it certainly can control them, where is security, or for that matter any adult supervision??

Room Tip: Make sure the Future Business Leaders of America Conference is not being hosted when you come here...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your post. I am sorry you had a less than pleasurable time during your recent stay. Our security team was active during the time of your visit and we apologize we did not catch those guests in the elevators sooner. We hope you will come back and stay with us again soon so that we can show you a true Westin experience.
Vancouver BC
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Here is an above-average business hotel (I was at a conference at the hotel.) with good attention to detail and friendly service. The room was well appointed: nothing extraordinary, but good layout and nice, subdued colour scheme. I opted not to have the room serviced during my stay, in return for a $5 Starbucks card each day. The gym and pool are pleasant, the bar and restaurant good, and the conference facilities decent. It's located just a block from the NASCAR Hall of Fame, a few blocks from the football stadium, and is very close to a handful of art museums and performing arts venues.

Room Tip: If you ask for a room higher up, they might put you on a Starwood Preferred floor, even if you are n...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay! Making a Green Choice is not only rewarding for you but great for the environment. We’re so glad you took part! We hope that for business or pleasure, you’ll be back to visit soon. Be well!
Reviewed November 14, 2012

My family and I stayed here while going to a football game at Bank America field. This is a beautiful property. Convenient. The staff from the valet parking, front desk, restaurant, and bell desk were fabulous. The management is doing a great job. The room was nice...nothing that was over the top. The bathroom did show some wear but it was nice. We had brunch on Sunday in the grille and it was very good.

This property is ideal for games at stadium, convention center, or nascar hall of fame. They are in walking distance. You can easily walk or tram to the basketball arena and other downtown venues if you like.

it is convenient to get to the other sections of Charlotte by driving. There are some neat sections of Charlotte.

My only complaint is the small shop near the lobby closed at 630 on Saturday, and the Starbucks closed. There are no vending machines and there were no close by shops that were open to grab some bottles of drink or snacks. It was room service, the bar, the restaurant, or a faucet.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
WestinCharlotte, General Manager at Westin Charlotte, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your review! We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay and that our convenient location made your trip more enjoyable. Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding our gift shop. We will use this to better improve our future guest experiences. We hope you will be staying with us again very soon! Be well!