“Nice place and convenient in a beautiful city”
Review of Westin Charlotte

Westin Charlotte
Ranked #29 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
“Nice place and convenient in a beautiful city”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

My family and I stayed here while going to a football game at Bank America field. This is a beautiful property. Convenient. The staff from the valet parking, front desk, restaurant, and bell desk were fabulous. The management is doing a great job. The room was nice...nothing that was over the top. The bathroom did show some wear but it was nice. We had brunch on Sunday in the grille and it was very good.

This property is ideal for games at stadium, convention center, or nascar hall of fame. They are in walking distance. You can easily walk or tram to the basketball arena and other downtown venues if you like.

it is convenient to get to the other sections of Charlotte by driving. There are some neat sections of Charlotte.

My only complaint is the small shop near the lobby closed at 630 on Saturday, and the Starbucks closed. There are no vending machines and there were no close by shops that were open to grab some bottles of drink or snacks. It was room service, the bar, the restaurant, or a faucet.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
WestinCharlotte, General Manager at Westin Charlotte, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your review! We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay and that our convenient location made your trip more enjoyable. Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding our gift shop. We will use this to better improve our future guest experiences. We hope you will be staying with us again very soon! Be well!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed November 14, 2012

This was a great experience! People were so nice and helpful. The room was well done and I really appreciated the "green" efforts - what a positive approach to the environment. Enjoyed the restaurant, but after long day at work at the convention center, ordered room service and it was the absolute best! Followup with the hotel has been phenomenal. For a regular traveler, this should be the top of the list.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
WestinCharlotte, Manager at Westin Charlotte, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are delighted you enjoyed our Make a Green Choice program and that you had such a great experience. We will share this great review with the rest of our team. We hope to see you very soon!
tulsa
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Lets start with reservations - on-line, quick efficient, speedy confirmation. I made my reservation way in advance, and this was a large Convention - so closer to time I followed up to confirm my reservation- staff was pleasnt, reassuring. Just before arrival, I recieved a warm welcome email highlighting expected weather and nearby attractions. They also offer a "Green" option - extra points or Starbucks gift card if you opt not to have your towels and linens changed daily.
Fun lobby - elegant without being stuffy - spacious, separate lounge area, Starbuck
Staff is obviously well trained in making each guest feel unique, value and glad they chose this property
Rooms - well its the Westin - beds are so comfortable - its hard to motivate yourself to get out of them. Work area/desk is designed well - plenty of outlets, quick wifi and room to spread your stuff out. Starbucks coffee in the room (!!!!!) minifridge, safe, large flat screen tv and everything was immaculate - Bath amenities also made you feel special - Bathroom was also spacious and immaculate. Housekeeping goes the extra mile.
Embers Grille - again, I must compliment the staff training - everyone pitched in an covered all the tables, staff was patient and friendly, they didn't talk over the guest to other staff members. It felt like you were dining at a friends home. And the food---yummmyyy. Menu selection is somewhat limited, but instead of being mediocre at alot, they chose to excel at a few.
I used the express check out and had the final bill emailed to me. It arrived at my office before I returned from the trip.
The follow up from the corporate Westin is impressive. Thank you for staying....quick survey and then a thank you for taking the survey.

Room Tip: SIgn up for the Starworld Preferred Guest membership. They'll do it for you when you check in f...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! We are delighted to know you enjoyed your trip. I’ll make sure to share your warm comments with the members of our team you referred to. We hope to see you back again very soon!
Austin, TX
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This property is very nice for business travel, but I can't say I'd stay there for a pleasure trip. It was a nice enough hotel, and let me say first the staff is AMAZING. They bend over backwards to make sure you have everything you need. When I checked in I was upgraded simply because it was my first time in Charlotte -- at least that's what I was told. So I was on a "Starwood preferred guest level." I was never told, however, what that meant in the way of any benefits or perks. The only thing I could see was that internet was complimentary, but that's something I think should be included for everyone. Something I definitely expected on this level was a much quieter room. That was not to be. The hallways were always loud, and I could even hear conversations occurring in the hall from far away. That really annoyed me. When I close the door to my room I expect it to be very quiet. Even the housekeeping staff would let doors slam shut.

The property itself was in a great location across the street from the convention center. I needed that. It was just a short walk away from a place called Epicenter, which was a multi-level outdoor mall with shopping, eateries, etc.

The rooms were what one would expect. Nothing extra special about them, but I would have thought better from this chain. Still, it's a hotel room, not a villa on the beach. They advertise their heavenly shower and beds as something special. The rainfall shower head is something I have at home, so that wasn't anything new. The bed was very comfortable for a hotel, and the linens were very good. They give you an option to decline housekeeping service while you are there. For each day that you do you are given a $5 voucher to use in the hotel. That satisfied my need for a Starbucks coffee each morning, so that was appreciated.

The only other part of the hotel I used was the fitness center. It is very well supplied with relatively new equipment. My only gripe was in the locker room, as none of the lockers actually worked. They are those kind where you punch in a number to set your own code, but none of them was working. And since there is no attendant in the gym you couldn't get any help.

The staff here is what makes this place special. Each and every interaction I had -- and I had quite a few -- was excellent. I was having trouble getting some FedEx packages delivered to me, and the staff was very attentive to helping me out. I appreciated that. All of them were extremely personable, and I felt like I was a wanted guest. That's rare these days.

Checkout was a breeze. They also had town cars and SUVs to haul you to the airport. The great thing was that they charged exactly the same as a cab. I kind of wish the ride to the airport would have been longer just to enjoy the ride. But this hotel is just 15 minutes from there.

Overall, this was a nice stay. The group rate for this conference was still over $200, which seemed high to me. I'm guessing that had I been there for a pleasure trip the rate would have been much higher.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevators would be a good choice, considering the noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
WestinCharlotte, General Manager at Westin Charlotte, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for your review! We are delighted to know that each time you interacted with a member of our team, they were able to not only accommodate your needs but express how valued of a guest you are to us. We hope whether for business or pleasure, you’ll stay with us again very soon. Be well.
NYC
Reviewed November 10, 2012

This is a good location downtown - central to business and restaurants. My room was fine - clean, quiet, and all the necessary things you'd need. I was on business, so quiet and a good bed are the key features I'm looking for. Westin, as usual, delivers.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
WestinCharlotte, General Manager at Westin Charlotte, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are delighted to know you choose Westin when you stay in the Queen City! We will have a Heavenly® bed waiting for you upon your next trip! Be well!
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

I was there for a pretty big gathering and it seemed to be handled really well. The rooms were nice and the service seemed good too. It is extremely easy to get to and in a great location. I would recommend it for anyone needing to be uptown for business or for large gatherings or meetings.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your kind review! We are delighted to know you enjoyed your time at The Westin Charlotte. We hope to see you back again very soon!
Atlanta, Ga
Reviewed November 8, 2012

The hotel was nice enough but not worth the price. It was convenient to downtown Charlotte, the Convention Center and the NASCAR Hall of Fame. Very expensive to have items shipped here for the convention. I paid an additional 160.00 for them to receive boxes from UPS and then it cost $25 plus tip to have a bellman roll them across the street to the convention center because they would not allow me to use one of the luggage carts. In addition, the housekeeping staff skipped my room on 2 of the 4 days I was there. Room AC does not cool the room. Nex time I'm there, it will be the Hilton. I should have stayed there this time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. I’m sorry to hear you we were unable to exceed your expectations during your recent visit. We hope you will choose to stay with us again so that we can show you a true Westin experience. Your review will be used to help us enhance future guest experiences. Thank you again, and be well.