“A week in luxury”

The Westin Charlotte
Ranked #34 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed October 6, 2011

We spent a week here for a convention and had a great stay. the rooms were well appointed and comfortable. The service was courteous and prompt. I made some special request and they were always ready to comply. The only negative was the price of the breakfast was a little too much, I thought. Dinner in the private dinning room was delicious and at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Higher floors on the convention center side have a great view of town
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
WestinCharlotte, Manager at The Westin Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2011

Thank you for your kind review! We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay here in the Queen City and that our service standards exceeded your expectations. We hope to have you at The Westin Charlotte again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,578)

Reviewed October 6, 2011

From the moment I walked in the staff was pleasant, helpful and very professional. The room was fantastic. Great View of uptown. Had brunch in the hotel restaurant, and the breakfast was amazing. They had a very hi-end breakfast buffet with some of the most delicious selections. I will certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Pick a room facing uptown - 15th floor or higher!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

We are happy you were able to treat yourself to our delicious breakfast buffet at our award winning restaurant, Ember Grille & Terrace! Our ideal location in the heart of uptown allows for gorgeous views from our guest room windows and we are delighted you were able to relax and renew amongst the city scene! We will have a Heavenly Bed® waiting for you the next time you visit!

Reviewed September 27, 2011

I have stayed in Westin's in other places and I have had a great experience. Our room here was not very clean. The bed coverings, sheets and dust ruffle all had stains on them. Also the area around the toilet (to include the wall) had been "stained" and not cleaned.
There was a convention going on and perhaps that was more than the staff could handle. Also, the convention goers spilled out of their meeting room(s) on the main floor and made it very difficult to reach the parking garage at mid day with out having to run through people to reach the elevator.

Room Tip: Get a high floor room away from the elevators and inspect your room early for problems
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

We apologize your stay at The Westin Charlotte left you feeling less than satisfied. With 700 guest rooms and 44,000 Square Feet of meeting space, there is a typically a friendly buzz in and around the hotel. We hope you will stay with us again in the future and allow us to show you a true Westin experience.

Reviewed September 22, 2011

The improvements to the Westin in downtown Charlotte is worth the money. Rooms are very well laid out, spacious and not to mention very comfortable and easy to relax. Very clean and spacious bathrooms too! The front desk clerk - Jennifer was very helpful and accommodating, was nice to see such great customer service.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay! Our recently renovated guest rooms were designed so guests left feeling relaxed and renewed! I will be sure to pass the message to Jennifer that you appreciated her accommodating services. She is a great member of our team! We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed September 20, 2011

I enjoyed the Westin Charlotte. My room was spotless. It has a great location. Food was average and restaurant was over run and couldnt keep up...food both in the restaurant and at room service was typical hotel fare....some challenges there...but all in all a very nice Hotel!

Room Tip: always ask to stay away from the elevators
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
WestinCharlotte, Manager at The Westin Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are sorry to know you had a few issues while dining with us but are delighted to know our newly renovated rooms left you feeling relaxed and renewed! We hope to see you at The Westin Charlotte again soon!

Reviewed September 19, 2011

Very nice but u pay so much u would think there would be continental n wi do. U can stay at an average hotel for 50 dollars n get both of those for free

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank gdr201

Thank you for your review! We’re glad to know you think our hotel is so nice! Next time you make a stop through The Westin Charlotte, we hope you’ll take advantage of our complimentary Wi-Fi in many public areas of the hotel. We also invite you to dine with us at Ember Grille & Terrace where our award winning Superfoods® are sure to please!

Reviewed September 16, 2011

I will never stay at this hotel again but if you do, check your car out before and after you use the valet service. One of the valet drivers damaged my car that I have only owned for about 4 months. I was told by the valet manager, Brian, to fill out a claim form and I would hear back within two days after an investigation. After two weeks I had heard nothing so I called and Brian nor the other manager was ever available nor was my phone calls returned. I called their home office and spoke to the representative who said she was the claim specialist that would be taking care of the claim but that my claim had never been sent in. Needless to say, I was not happy and felt extremely misled. I also had faxed the claim, a letter, and a picture of the damage to my car to the general manager of the Westin and never got any response back so I called and left a voice mail asking for a call back. He never did. This is pathetic management and puts a permanent blemish on the reputation of the Westin Hotel. Two days after resending in my claim, I was told via email that their "investigation" did not prove they had damaged my vehicle due to the fact that they did not see evidence of paint on any cement blocks in their parking garage. Cement blocks are grey and so is my car... I had a travel companion who was willing to make a statement to the fact that I in no way damaged my own car during the time of my stay.The valet manager told me that it was policy to check the incoming vehicles as they came in for any damage. I explained that if that was done it would be noted there were no scratches on my car before it was left in their care. I also asked for the documents and I was refused.I wanted to write this review so others can learn from my unfortunate experience. I paid $25 for valet service and in return expected a certain amount of care for my car. Once again, another case of no accountability. Absolutely unacceptable!

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends