“I love this place and have stayed there anytime I come to Charlotte”
Review of Westin Charlotte

Westin Charlotte
Ranked #33 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Indianapolis
“I love this place and have stayed there anytime I come to Charlotte”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Everything is perfect at this hotel. Great rooms, location and customer service.

Room Tip: Ask for an end room if possible.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
WestinCharlotte, Manager at Westin Charlotte, responded to this review, June 23, 2011
Thank you for your kind review! I’m happy to know how much you enjoyed your stay at The Westin Charlotte! We will have a Heavenly Bed® waiting for you the next time you’re in the Queen City!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed June 8, 2011

I don't have a tremendous amount of experience with the Westin chain of hotels so to compare this one to others would be difficult. What I can say is that the hotel was conveniently located in downtown (easy to find, easy to access) and that the check-in process went smoothly (friendly, efficient front desk and valet). As for the hotel itself, upon arrival, the glass in the front revolving door was shattered and the door inoperable. There was no one there to open the side door (too busy standing around, shooting the breeze), though they were happy to take my car. The lobby was packed to the rafters (at 11pm) with a noisy, drinking comic book convention and it was almost impossible to converse at the front desk. As for the room, it was "nice" at a glance but the shower heads had rust/scale all over them, the light for the bathroom was annoyingly OUTSIDE the bathroom (I can only imagine the hours of entertainment this would provide a child while their unsuspecting parent were in the shower) and there was no exhaust fan, making it impossibly steamy. Westin should reconsider the Heavenly Bed tag for their mattresses because this bed was miserably uncomfortable for both of us. The bed is also situated under a window so in the morning, even with drapes closed, the light pours over the top of the drapes and right onto your face. Even on a high floor the noise from the city street was noticeable and housekeeping is the next best thing to a wake-up call. They sounded like they were doing construction when cleaning the adjacent room.

So, I'll issue a caveat to anyone reading this review. I'm very spoiled when it comes to hotels. My expectations are extremely high. I was here one night and for a business traveler I'm sure it would be nice. Convenient to downtown, nice desk in the room, etc. I can only offer my observations on the stay and correlate them to my expectations. Notice, I still gave 3 stars. However, issues are issues and if you want to know about a hotel maybe its good to get information from a discerning eye.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mafitch
I’m glad to know you enjoyed the high level of customer service our front desk team provided. Our on-site engineering team is very efficient in getting issues taken care of very quickly, so I’m sorry our door was inoperable upon your arrival. We appreciate your review of our hotel and we will use your feedback constructively. Thank you for choosing Westin!
Hershey, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 4, 2011

Spent a weekend here with my honey, and we were both very happy. The bed is so very very comfortable!!! We did not want to leave the room! We were on the 24th floor and had a large window overlooking downtown Charlotte.... view was nice but we had curtains closed for most of the stay.
Location was great - at the end of the downtown area, near enough to walk and a safe area.
Parking - plenty of it but costly at $12+ a day.
Breakfast Restaurant - waste of money!! you will eat much better at a Golden Coral for much less, so i wouldnt waste your money here.
Lobby Bar - nice, drinks mixed well and not too over priced.
Spa Services - got my honey a therpeautic massage - cost $140 incl tip but well worth the money here!!!
Gym and Pool - never used but was huge!!
Front Desk - at check in and check out staff was friendly, but in between they seemed unfriendly and unwilling to assist. A point to note was, at check in, i asked the young lady if she could confirm that the massage was still good to go, she replied to me "sorry i cant do that, i dont have access to the info, you'll have to call Service Express for that". fair enough but why couldnt SHE pick up the darn phone and call for me?? would have taken her less than a minute, and that would have been the "wow factor" that Starwood wants their employees to deliver!! oh well.

Side note.... Each morning we were woken up by screaming kids or parents in the hallway outside our door...not the hotel's fault but unfortunately an experience we'll always remember - along with all the other good stuff too tho.
I love the westin, and will stay here again if ever we go back to Charlotte.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GlobalJohn
WestinCharlotte, Manager at Westin Charlotte, responded to this review, June 7, 2011
Thank you for your post! We are happy to know you enjoyed the amenities and features The Westin Charlotte has to offer! Our views are amazing and our newly refreshed guest rooms make the stay more comforting than ever before. We can’t to have the two of you back again!
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Stayed here for business & conference was located in the hotel. Room was extremely quiet and comfortable after a long day at work. Great location!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 31, 2011

This Westin hotel was great. The bed was very comfortable and the room was spotless. The location was great...near the Nascar hall of fame, the Bank of America stadium, and about 5 miles from NoDa. Great fitness area/pool and the staff was great.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
We’re delighted to know you enjoyed your stay at The Westin Charlotte! We’ll have a Heavenly Bed ® waiting for you for your next trip to the Queen City!
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 26, 2011

I stayed here during a business conference and have to say it was excellent. Very nice hotel in a great location. Literally walked to and from the convention center which eliminated the need for a rental car. Other hip areas with nightlife were within walking distance as well. All the amenities of a nice hotel in the middle of the city. You can't go wrong with the Westin Charlotte.

Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Kylemil
Thank you for your kind review! Our convenient location in the heart of Uptown really does set us a step above! We hope to see you back soon!
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed May 13, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Westin Charlotte in May of 2011 for an event going on in Charlotte. We had the room for 2 nights.
Check in was smooth and easy, and our room was waiting for us so we got to settle in right away. We were on the 19th floor and the window/view was spectacular. The room was spacious and well laid-out with a king bed, lounge chair with foot rest and a desk. The room was clean and with such a plush bed it definitely has a luxury feel to it.
The black out drapes for the large window were a great feature since we had driven 14 hours through the night to get there and watched to catch some sleep.

The hotel has a perfect location, walking distance to plenty of shops, bistros, convention center and the NASCAR Hall of Fame.

A few others have mentioned the additional costs - $18/day for self parking, but you have in and out privleges day/night... $12.95/day for internet in your room... steep room service prices, but those are charges I expect at any upscale downtown hotel.

Overall the hotel was wonderful... a very relaxed feel, and I cannot say enough good things about how comfortable the bed was... if it would fit in my suitcase I would have brought it home!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Destree17
WestinCharlotte, Manager at Westin Charlotte, responded to this review, May 16, 2011
Thank you for your kind review! We’re glad you enjoyed the convenient location of our hotel. We hope you will be back in the Queen City soon! We’ll have a Heavenly Bed ® waiting for you!