“Quick, memorable visit”

e2 emeril's eatery
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Tryon Street
Description: e2 emeril's eatery draws from Chef Emeril's restaurants in its purest forms - comfort, warm service and delicious food. e2 emeril's eatery features an eclectic menu focusing on New Orleans-inspired American cuisine using Charlotte's rich local and regional products. Located at 135 Levine Avenue of the Arts, Ste. 100, e2 emeril's eatery is within easy walking distance of Uptown Charlotte's numerous art, business and cultural attractions including The Duke Energy Center, Mint Museum Uptown, Bechtler Museum of Modern Art, Harvey B. Gantt Center for African American Arts + Culture and Knight Theater.
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We were visiting Charlotte from England and were on a Walking Tour of central Charlotte hostelries. When we got here, we were hungry and thirsty, the first 3 of 6 stops not exactly fulfilling us.
Two highlights here: 1) The bacon bourbon cocktail - my wife would say she isn't very keen on whiskey; she finished hers first (not by much)! the story is as good as the drink; it is becoming the thing of legend in one small corner of England!
2) The maple-coated pork belly. Had it not been for the cocktail, I would have mentioned this first. Delicious!!
Not much to go by, but we would make this a 'must' on our next visit to Charlotte.

1  Thank RobertHicks
There are newer reviews for e2 emeril's eatery

Reviewed November 27, 2013

We had a group visit to Charlotte recently and we spent the first night at E2 - Emeril's Eatery.

I chose the gumbo as an appetizer and swordfish steak for the main course. It was really delicious. The fish was served on a bed of noodles and had a very unique and pleasant taste. I had heard of Emeril the Chef but this was the first time I ate in one of the restaurants. Service was great as was the house wine and, as we were about 12 people, we were given a large square table to ourselves in a more private area.

Charlotte is a very cool city and this is a good place to go for dinner.

1  Thank Splicebar
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I went to E2 for lunch with high hopes as it is an Emeril restaurant. I had the gumbo, it was ok but nothing like any gumbo I've ever seen. I also had the shrimp and grits. This was ok as well. If it were cheaper I wouldn't have felt so disappointed. The waiter was a little snooty which I wouldn't expect in a southern restaurant. The décor was great and close to where I was staying. I wouldn't go back simply because there are so many other options near by but if you are wanting an Emeril's experience go for it.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I enjoy E2 each time I go, but don't expect to get out of here cheap. It's quite pricey. The steak is always cooked perfectly and the rolls they bring out are amazing. My wife is a vegetarian and they always make a point to cook her something special that may not necessarily be on the menu.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I had a fantastic burger for lunch here this past week. It was so good i did not even need any condiments. It was cooked perfectly. I also had a side salad which had a wonderful fresh vinaigrette. I did think it was a bit on the pricey side for lunch as it was over 30.00 for 2 people, however the food really was great.