“Great!”

e2 emeril's eatery
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Tryon Street
Description: e2 emeril's eatery draws from Chef Emeril's restaurants in its purest forms - comfort, warm service and delicious food. e2 emeril's eatery features an eclectic menu focusing on New Orleans-inspired American cuisine using Charlotte's rich local and regional products. Located at 135 Levine Avenue of the Arts, Ste. 100, e2 emeril's eatery is within easy walking distance of Uptown Charlotte's numerous art, business and cultural attractions including The Duke Energy Center, Mint Museum Uptown, Bechtler Museum of Modern Art, Harvey B. Gantt Center for African American Arts + Culture and Knight Theater.
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Visited on a Friday evening with a group of friends. We made reservations and our table was ready when we arrived? Our food was really fresh and tasty. We ordered wood oven oysters, barbecue shrimp, salad and gumbo as appetizers. Each of them were great, but the oysters and shrimp were Devine! For entrees, we had shrimp n grits, fried chicken, flounder and pork chops. We also tried a speciality drink which was excellent. The favorite here had to be the pork chops (excluding the potatoes) and mac and cheese. They also serve rice grits which are outstanding! Excellent with the shrimp and fried chicken. Best grits ever. I have visited other Emerils restaurants in the past where the service is much better at those locations.

Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

We had heard Emeril's opened in Charlotte but never visited. We heard they were having a crawfish boil. We had a great time. Inside was nice. We can't wait to go back.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

In my many years of dining in Charlotte this stands out within the top three. We went for lunch and the place was busy with mostly business diners on their one hour lunch break. Service was polite and speedy. The halibut salad was delicious as was the fish sandwich on a house made bun. An amuse of crayfish étouffée on grits with a perfectly fried oyster deserves to be on the menu. I hear they are doing boiled crawfish on Fridays in May! If coming uptown seems difficult they make it easy with valet parking at night and validated parking in the Duke's building at lunch. Read FREE parking. Quite a few good wines by the glass.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went here with a friend over the weekend. We sat at the chef's bar and had a great view of the chefs cooking and plating. Very entertaining. The chef sent out a complimentary appetizer of some kind of seafood stew. Had excellent mussels (I will get those next time I think) and some kind of delicious sausage in it. Extremely attentive staff. The food was great! I had the fresh orchiette pasta with lobster. Cooked perfectly. My friend had the pork chop and also ordered the mac and cheese. The mac and chees was amazing, as was the pork chop but it was HUGE! She couldn't even finish 1/2 of it. I will definitely go back...and when I do I will make sure I save room for dessert. I wanted a piece of banana cream pie but I just couldn't fit it in!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We arrived at 5:30 and were the first diners at the restaurant and decided to sit at the tasting bar. We were served 2 delicious small plates to start compliments of the chef. This is such a nice touch and both were outstanding. We wanted to stick with small plates for the night over large entrees since they offer so many choices and this way we could taste several different things. I have to say everything was amazing. From the cheese plate which included North Carolina cheeses to the chicken and waffle, fresh salads, pork belly and mushroom pizza we couldn't find a single thing we did not overly enjoy. The service was attentive but not too pushy as she realized we wanted to take it slow. The manager came by twice and even cleared plates and brought new silverware. Some places the managment would never do this so we were thoroughly impressed from the start of dinner to the finish. We even brought banana creme pie home that I was really too full to eat but took a few bites and it was delicious. My husband commented that it was probably one of his favorite desserts he's had recently. We can't wait to return when we get a chance to have another night out!