“Our 'Go-To' Mexican Spot”

1900 Mexican Grill and Restaurant
Ranked #456 of 2,427 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We've been to 1900 Mexican Grill on Park Road 3-4 times in the last year and we've never been disappointed. Everything we've ordered has been cooked perfectly and is always more than filling! The cheese dip, chips, and salsa are very good and they have a great selection of beer and margaritas. The burritos and tacos are delicious, my favorite being the steak tacos with rice and beans. Their guacamole and rice are good side selections. The staff is very friendly and aim to please. You can figure about $10 - $12 per person without drinks.

There are newer reviews for 1900 Mexican Grill and Restaurant

Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is my second trip to 1900 Mexican Grill on Elizabeth St. It's a 50 min. trip. The first time I was in the area, and the second time my husband and I came just for the food. It really is the best mole sauce I've eaten outside of the Southwest, and I'm very hard to please. I love authentic food and very good food. This place has both. Try it. The service was perfect. The location was wonderful with a unique shop next door featuring local artists. The drinks were excellent. The interior was pleasant. This is not your run of the mill Mexican restaurant by any means.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

I only have lunch here every few weeks and if you get there before 12pm it is not too difficult to get a seat but does tend to get crowded after 12pm. Try their guacamole made fresh at your table, a very nice way to start the meal. I enjoy the fajitas and the chicken burritos. They have very good white cheese dip as well. This is not exceptional Mexican but much better than Taco Bell. One thing that does frustrate me is they do not have salt and pepper shakers on any of their tables.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I had the mole chicken dish. It was absolutely wonderful. Two weeks later and I'm still thinking about it. Will be coming back from Monroe next week. So authentic, almost like eating in Sante Fe New Mexico again. Do try this restaurant !!!!!

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Had dinner and underwhelming and massively overpiced Marg's there last night. Place was not too busy for a Friday night but service was slow, food was bland and blah and the Low Carb Margaritas ($10) for a drink served in a highball glass where at best underwhelming. I would rather go to Taco Bell for takeout.