“Another great time!”

Cross street: Charlottetowne
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
“Another great time!”
Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

La Paz was a great location for our recent birthday party. Taylor and the team do a wonderful job. Good food and service.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Chain Mexican”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I was a little disappointed in my experience at La Paz. I guess I was expecting really great Mexican food, but what I got was just all right. Nothing special. But there was a lot of it! Service was excellent.

• Visited July 2012
Charlotte
“What happened?”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

La Paz has been around Charlotte for many years. This is the third location and I really thought that being in this trendy location, surrounded by really good restaurants would inspire them to re focus on the food. Alas, I am wrong. When the restaurant was located on Providence Road, you could not find a place to sit...busy because it had great food. This location is pretty, and they have a lot of TV's...but that is about all I can say. It might be a spot to go for a drink after work, but I can't recommend anything on the menu, the food is really not very good. This really makes me sad because the food used to be extraordinary.

• Visited July 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“The food and the people are exceptional... and I really like the bar too!”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I've frequented La Paz over the past few months for the food and since opening, the service has become exceptional! Love having an orange mojito on a Saturday or Sunday morning at the bar :). It's also a great dinner place to go with friends. I'll be back.

• Visited March 2012
Charlotte, NC
“Beautiful place, but there are better Mexican places in town.”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I have visited the new La Paz twice this past month. They recently opened in the Metropolitan complex near uptown in a beautiful building. The bar is really cool with a lit up bar (looks like ice) and lots of huge TV's. The restaurant is beautiful too, but very cavernous and consequently very noisy. The waitress told us some fabric is to be installed in the ceiling to help dampen all the sound. The service is kind of slow and the food is good but not as good as Cantina or Paco's Tacos. The prices are very reasonable however.

• Visited February 2012