“Great service, but rise and shine!”

SpringHill Suites Charlotte Airport
Ranked #106 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed November 23, 2010

As usual with the SHS very clean hotel, but the staff was phenomenal! Only downside is that you can hear the jets early in the morning.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank 2MMmiler

Reviewed June 25, 2010

The check-in clerk didn't smile or say thank you. The following morning, an employee was grumbling in public to the day manager about bad hours. I reported a broken sink drain -- nobody said thank you. I returned my keys to check out -- nobody said thank you. The whole time, the only person to smile was the van driver.
-- Oh yeah ... airport hotels usually have good sound proofing. Not this one.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 13, 2010

We had a 2 terrible experiences with getting a shuttle in one stay! The night that we arrived my son had arrived in a rental car. The desk clerk encouraged him to go ahead and take the car back and the shuttle would come after him and bring him back to the hotel. We were flying out the next morning and we would be taking the shuttle to the airport so this seemed like a good idea. I had booked a park, stay and fly room so I was leaving my car at the motel. OK, so my two sons took the car back, called back for the shuttle and an hour later they were still not back to the room. They ended up waiting an hour and a half for the shuttle. Several times during the wait there was a van with "Springhill Suites" and a couple of other motels in the Marriott chain's logo on the side that came thru but the driver refused them saying that it wasn't the right van for that hotel. They came back very cold (it was early February) and mad.
Fast forward to 5 days later. Came into the Charlotte airport in the late afternoon and the same thing happened. After the "wrong" Marriott van came through 4 times (the driver refused us twice when we approached it), 3 phone calls to the motel, and 2 hours later we finally got back to my car at the motel. Once again, it was very cold and you have to wait outside to get these shuttles. Needless to say, while the room was OK, I will not be staying at this motel again. They obviously have little regard for the people that need the services of the shuttle or maybe just customers in general.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank NavyNanaNC
Reviewed December 24, 2009

This hotel is clean , a good price and the rooms are big. Angela works the breakfast buffet. She is a joy. She made me feel like a family member and she wanted me to have a good breakfast and a great day. Montrell, at the front desk kept up the good work. How often do you remember the names of those who work at a hotel?

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fromkingspark
Reviewed November 14, 2009

This is my second stay at this hotel. I'm actually surprised to read some of the reviews that aren't so great about this place. We arrived around 11 PM the staff at the front desk was very friendly even asking us if we had a floor preference. It really didn't make a difference to us so we were fine with the 3rd floor. We apparently had a room on the side of the highway because it was a little noisy, but not much can be done about that. We heard planes for a while when we first got here, but even those seemed to be fewer and far between. The rooms are clean and very spacious. The beds are so comfortable I could stay in it all day long. I will be back on return visits to Charlotte.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank SeatSnob
Reviewed November 12, 2009

This was the worst Spring Hill Suites experience ever and have stayed at quite a few as this is my preferred brand. I requested a high floor room when making the reservation, but was provided a 2nd floor room in a noisy area. Must have been their reject room. Horrible check in experience in general w/ lack of professionalism. The room was minus a TV as there should have been 2 TVs. The breakfast area attendant was annoying and the breakfast offerings were not up to standard as other SHS stayed. The indoor pool was over chlorinated and had a bad itch from it even after taking a shower. It is a non smoking property but could smell the smoke on the 2nd floor coming up from the smoking area outside. They had a large group at the hotel and each night, several noisy late partiers would carry on in the hallway. One even had a questionable guest and you could hear them arguing over money in the hallway. I would expect this at a low end hotel, not here. I complained about my experience to the manager and he was to call earlier this week. No call received yet. We won't be back and will look at another brand next time.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 29, 2009

Stayed here overnight before a very early flight out of CLT. Wonderful room, close to airport and friendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple