“Beware of construction”

SpringHill Suites Charlotte Airport
Ranked #106 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed November 7, 2008

This is a good property - I stay here everytime I am in Charlotte. I ignored the warning on the Hilton website that the hotel is under construction. They are recarpetting and wallpapering the joint. It is a mess tought to get through the materials and workers in the halls and elevators. I would avoid this property until contruction is over. After that I am sure it will be back to it's dependable self.

Stayed: November 2008

Reviewed July 16, 2008

Nothing special, but fine for getting a good night's sleep before an early flight.
Do ask for a room away from the highway...it was a little loud.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank travelgal
Reviewed June 19, 2008

Thanks to US AIR, I spent a quick night at Springhill Suites. All things considered, it was a nice enough stay. There was a party going on at the other end of the hall, but once I closed my door, I couldn't hear them.

There was an issue with the bathroom light. Other than that, the room was fine. Basic suite. Airplane noise wasn't a factor, as I was tired, it was late and my flight out was at 6AM.

Might stay here again.

Stayed: June 2008
1  Thank MJSCOTT
Reviewed April 28, 2008

Competent, quiet, clean hotel with helpful staff. Good coffee at breakfast. The kitchen area of the rooms does not really qualify them to be called ‘suites’, which surely implies there is more than one main room. Conveniently placed for the airport, downtown Charlotte and the Interstates if you have a car. A good choice if have an early or late flight.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2008

This is my second stay at a Springhill Suites. This hotel was just like the other one. Nice enough room - very similar in quality to the Fairfield Inn's - just more room. As several other reviewers put it, this place has nothing nearby. No walking to a restaurant or anything else is possible. It is at the intersection of an interstate and another very busy road. I had a room on the interstate side and it was noisy, and the planes overhead did not help either. As another reviewer also put it, their internet connection was poor. I was involuntarily stuck at the airport one extra night - I chose to stay at a different hotel....

• Stayed: April 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 2, 2008

We stayed during the week for one evening.
It was an attractive room (king suite) and clean, however, we had some difficulities adjusting the heat. It would not respond when trying to lower the temperature. In fairness to the hotel, we did not alert them about this since it was late evening. Another issue included being first assigned to a room that was already occupied (based on the clothes on the floor upon entering). We notified the front desk and were assigned another room promptly but it was a little embarrassing for all. The continental breakfast was worth attending although there are better choices close by if you are looking for a made-to-order meal.
Overall, the rate (government) was good at $99. For future visits, we would probably look elsewhere since there are so many choices nearby.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2008

The rooms are very nice and are clean. This is an airport location but the noise was minimal and did not affect our comfort at all.

If you are traveling on business and need to use Internet be forwarned that the high speed Internet at this property is the worst I have ever experienced in a hotel in a first world country. The download rates were lower than those of a 28.8 modem, latency was so bad that I could not connect to my VPN. I ended up using my cellphone to attempt to cleanup my inbox so I could download the one file I needed (about 3MB) which took from 11:00PM until 8:00AM the following morning.

Anyway its a nice room at a decent price near the airport, if I was traveling for pleasure I probably would have given it four stars but, I was traveling on business and the Internet speed severly affected my ability to do my job.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)