“Good airport hotel”

SpringHill Suites Charlotte Airport
Ranked #100 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed April 28, 2008

Competent, quiet, clean hotel with helpful staff. Good coffee at breakfast. The kitchen area of the rooms does not really qualify them to be called ‘suites’, which surely implies there is more than one main room. Conveniently placed for the airport, downtown Charlotte and the Interstates if you have a car. A good choice if have an early or late flight.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Charlotte Airport

Reviewed April 22, 2008

This is my second stay at a Springhill Suites. This hotel was just like the other one. Nice enough room - very similar in quality to the Fairfield Inn's - just more room. As several other reviewers put it, this place has nothing nearby. No walking to a restaurant or anything else is possible. It is at the intersection of an interstate and another very busy road. I had a room on the interstate side and it was noisy, and the planes overhead did not help either. As another reviewer also put it, their internet connection was poor. I was involuntarily stuck at the airport one extra night - I chose to stay at a different hotel....

• Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed April 2, 2008

We stayed during the week for one evening.
It was an attractive room (king suite) and clean, however, we had some difficulities adjusting the heat. It would not respond when trying to lower the temperature. In fairness to the hotel, we did not alert them about this since it was late evening. Another issue included being first assigned to a room that was already occupied (based on the clothes on the floor upon entering). We notified the front desk and were assigned another room promptly but it was a little embarrassing for all. The continental breakfast was worth attending although there are better choices close by if you are looking for a made-to-order meal.
Overall, the rate (government) was good at $99. For future visits, we would probably look elsewhere since there are so many choices nearby.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2008

The rooms are very nice and are clean. This is an airport location but the noise was minimal and did not affect our comfort at all.

If you are traveling on business and need to use Internet be forwarned that the high speed Internet at this property is the worst I have ever experienced in a hotel in a first world country. The download rates were lower than those of a 28.8 modem, latency was so bad that I could not connect to my VPN. I ended up using my cellphone to attempt to cleanup my inbox so I could download the one file I needed (about 3MB) which took from 11:00PM until 8:00AM the following morning.

Anyway its a nice room at a decent price near the airport, if I was traveling for pleasure I probably would have given it four stars but, I was traveling on business and the Internet speed severly affected my ability to do my job.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2008

The hotel is a solidbut basic hotel without a lot of frills. Decent complementary breakfast. It is relatively new so the rooms are clean with modern amenities. With the exception of the front desk the hotel staff is very friendly and accomodating.

One caution, if you are without a car there are no restaurants or stores within walking distance. The hotel does have an airport shuttle and they would be happy to take you to some of the close by restaurants, etc.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed February 28, 2008

We stay for one night in Charlotte to catch a flight the next morning the room was very clean. The front desk staff very friendly and helpful, a nice indoor pool, the shuttle to the airport service was good. Very nice hotel for one night.

Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed December 19, 2007

We stayed at the SpringHill Suites because we are a family of 5 and it is often difficult to find a hotel willing to accomodate 5 in one room. My 3 children were participating in a chess tournament so we needed to get to bed early. We were originally put in a room on the first floor right next to the meeting room, where some sort of party was taking place. I went to the front desk and asked how long the meeting room was reserved for, and without even havuing to ask, the man behind the desk offered to move us to the 3rd floor and volunteered to give us a discount on the price for our trouble. I was happy with his efforts to please us. Both rooms had high ceilings so we didn't feel cramped. We would stay again!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family