“Beware truck stop on east side of hotel.”

SpringHill Suites Charlotte Airport
Ranked #93 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
“Beware truck stop on east side of hotel.”
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Overall a very good value for the money. Clean, modern rooms. Hotel shuttle. Exercise facility. But there is a truck stop next to this hotel and if you get a room on the east side of the building (even numbered rooms) the trucks are very noisy and will wake you up all night.

• Stayed July 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Korean first
Chatham, il
Reviewed February 3, 2011

The staff was very nice and friendly. The lady at the breakfast buffet was very pleasant and went out of her way to help you out. The breakfast consisted of waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage and other traditional continental style items.
The shuttle service was quick and a nice Mercedes van. The location to the airport was good and bad. It made for a quick trip to and from the airport for arrival and again for departure. You heard some planes taking off from the airport. The disadvantage was you had to take a taxi to hit a mall or any other items of interest.
We got take out food from an Italian Restaurant called Carribe (sp?). They had a menu in the elevator and it looked good. The order came very quickly and it was delicious. The pizza was good, the spaghetti and meatballs were tasty and the cheese sticks were fantastic!
The pool and hot tub looked nice but were not used.
The workout facility consisted of one treadmill, one elliptical and some dumbbell weights.
Overall, a good experience for being stuck in Charlotte for the night. I almost always stay at Marriott's and usually very happy.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Virginia
Reviewed December 6, 2010

I got to stay at the hotel by using Marriott Rewards points. At some locations I felt like once I did this I got second class treatment, but that was not the case at all.

The staff at the Springhill Suites was amazing. The hotel was full of Virginia Tech and Florida State fans, and I think everyone there was taken full care of.

The lady that runs the breakfast bar downstairs does an AMAZING job. She personally would make sure that everyone had everything they could want and she would go out of her way for any special requests.

The location is great in that it is right by the airport and right off of I-85, so it made it easy to get into the city for the game.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jjcoop
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed December 6, 2010

I had planned a 2-night at the Charlotte Airport SHS, however I cut it short. The hotel was very nice. Close to the highway, but the noise didn't bother me. The check-in was OK.. OK because the agent was great, but I was assigned a room with someone already in it...The room was a newer style and everything looked pretty. My major problem was with the bed. It was extremely uncomfortable. worn out, no cushioning, and everytime I moved I felt the bed springs. If you are spending more on the couch than the matress, YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG! I ended up sleeping on the couch because it was more comfortable.

I got up the next morning and checked out. The agent didn't say a single word to me. Didn't say hi, bye, how was your stay, why are you leaving a day early???

Most of the staff was great and most of the hotel was great, but if I cannot get some rest it is not a good hotel.

I ended up staying at the Renaisance off of Tyvola. It was ten times better and only $30 more a night... And the bed was amazing!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed November 23, 2010

As usual with the SHS very clean hotel, but the staff was phenomenal! Only downside is that you can hear the jets early in the morning.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank 2MMmiler
Charleston
Reviewed June 25, 2010

The check-in clerk didn't smile or say thank you. The following morning, an employee was grumbling in public to the day manager about bad hours. I reported a broken sink drain -- nobody said thank you. I returned my keys to check out -- nobody said thank you. The whole time, the only person to smile was the van driver.
-- Oh yeah ... airport hotels usually have good sound proofing. Not this one.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Chinle, Arizona
Reviewed March 13, 2010

We had a 2 terrible experiences with getting a shuttle in one stay! The night that we arrived my son had arrived in a rental car. The desk clerk encouraged him to go ahead and take the car back and the shuttle would come after him and bring him back to the hotel. We were flying out the next morning and we would be taking the shuttle to the airport so this seemed like a good idea. I had booked a park, stay and fly room so I was leaving my car at the motel. OK, so my two sons took the car back, called back for the shuttle and an hour later they were still not back to the room. They ended up waiting an hour and a half for the shuttle. Several times during the wait there was a van with "Springhill Suites" and a couple of other motels in the Marriott chain's logo on the side that came thru but the driver refused them saying that it wasn't the right van for that hotel. They came back very cold (it was early February) and mad.
Fast forward to 5 days later. Came into the Charlotte airport in the late afternoon and the same thing happened. After the "wrong" Marriott van came through 4 times (the driver refused us twice when we approached it), 3 phone calls to the motel, and 2 hours later we finally got back to my car at the motel. Once again, it was very cold and you have to wait outside to get these shuttles. Needless to say, while the room was OK, I will not be staying at this motel again. They obviously have little regard for the people that need the services of the shuttle or maybe just customers in general.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family