“Better than the Reviews Say”

Super 8 Charlotte / Northlake
Ranked #157 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed July 18, 2011

It's just older. It's more than clean, staff was very helpful and for this family of four it was a fine place to spend the night and save $50.00. I was not grossed out at all; give it a shot.

• Stayed: July 2011
Hal C, General Manager at Super 8 Charlotte / Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Thank you for your honest review.

I am pleased to announce that we are undergoing a massive upgrade programme.
Many customers who have experienced our new rooms are very satisfied and have made it a point to come and tell us.

We hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Charlotte / Northlake

Reviewed June 23, 2011

only one lite worked, floor covered with ashes,beds dirty, fridge frezzer full of ice needed defrosted, was leaking all over floor. black mold on inside shower curtin bathroom was discusting as well as bed covers. no wonder room was 48 dollars for 4 people. people at front desk not friendly. it needs new management asap and new maids

Room Tip: do not stay at this one no matter what
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your honest review.

However, I am pleased to announce that we are undergoing a massive upgrade programme.

I hope you give us another change to show you what we have done.

Reviewed January 10, 2011

I made a reservation in advance. We finished what we came to see early and were just going to look at the room. The rooms that I saw upon first glance looked clean, but not much to write home about. I told the gentleman that we really wanted to cancel the room and head back home. Well, you can only cancel your room 24 hours in advance. We decided that since we were going to have to pay for it anyway we would just stay. The room smelled musty. The first thing I noticed was that there was still soap scum from the previous customers on the sink where the bar of soap sat. The chairs in the room were covered with spill stains and the arms were covered with years of crud. The sheets were not tucked in on the beds. There was dust in places that if they were really cleaning there wouldn't be dust there. The windows were filthy in the room and the office. I am sending pictures to Wyndham group of this room. It was not an enjoyable stay it was horrible. This thing that the Gen. Mgr. wrote on some of the other reviews about being upgraded, he must have meant in 1990.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your honest review.

I hope you give us another chance to show you what we have done.

Reviewed March 19, 2010

I am here right now and let me tell you, this place is not worth 40.99 a night. The people are not friendly and she seems to go out of her way to make you not feel welcome. The outlets dont seem to all worjk and the beds are very dirty, look around there are better rates and places to come rather then here, this has been a horrible trip ive been here eight days and paid 381.25 for this, not worth it please do not come here and make the same mistake that i did.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Tyrell20

Thank you for your honest review.

I hope you give us another chance to show you what we have done.

Reviewed March 2, 2010

The room and bathroom were clean, and we had no problem getting extra towels. The only problem was that the tub was extremely clogged. We called the front desk, and they told us that, since the maintenance staff was not available, we could either get a new room or just get the key to another to shower in if we had unpacked and didn't want to move. Problems happen, but they were willing to accommodate us.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lindun104

Thank you for your honest review.

I am pleased to announce that we are undergoing a massive upgrade programme.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 17, 2006

My husband and I stayed at this hotel and I must say that this truly is a dive hotel! We arrived in our room to find mold on the ceiling tiles as well as on the walls. Immediately upon entering the room it smelled very musty and of stale smoke (it was a non-smoking room). I went to the front desk and requested to see another room but unfortunately for my husband and I it was to be no better. It had mold as well and the bathroom was not clean. I had to purchase candles to try to block out the musty smell in the room and leave the door open as much as possible hoping the fresh air would somehow create a miracle for this hotel. This was to no avail. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: October 2005
1  Thank MinnesotaRickj
supersunset, Manager at Super 8 Charlotte / Northlake, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2009

We have undergone extensive upgrade in the past two years. This has enabled us to pass our Quality Assurance Surveys 4 times in a row. Our City Health Satisfaction score is A grade. Old customers regularly commend us on the cleanliness and the friendly, professional staff.

A TripAdvisor Member
Raleigh
Reviewed September 21, 2005

This is by far the dirtiest hotel room I have ever stayed in! I am appalled at the level of cleanliness, and I will make sure to never stay at a Super 8 again. There is gunk all around the sink basin. There is dirt/stains/something nasty on the toilet seat along with pubic hair. The "nonsmoking" room smells like it's been closed up with a full ashtray in it. The inside security latch is broken. The floor looks like it has not been vacummed in weeks. I do not even want to think about the sheets I will be sleeping on momentarily given that I found 2 jet black (not my color) hairs in the sheets. I got suckered into the low rate, and I am disgusted with my choice. I intend to rate this hotel location poorly on every hotel website I visit. When I asked the hotel clerk, who was nice and polite, for a different room because of the door latch, her reply was that she gave me "the best room." Are you kidding me? I am appalled and horrified that I've spent $52 and some change on this disgusting location, and I only wish I had my camera with me so I could document the nastiness - pubic hair on a "clean" toilet! You've got to be joking! I was driving on I-77 S and made the mistake of stopping here for the night - arrived after 9pm, and I didn't feel like hassling with any hotel crap. But here I am almost afraid to lay in the sheets. I believe you can have good deals without compromising quality this much, and I would hope someone would agree with me.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Extensive upgrades include complete facelift to bathrooms. The showers now sport the new curved shower rods with new translucent window shower curtains. Most of the commodes have been replaced and we also now have shinny new crome tissue holders and plumbing. The walls and the bathroom door have been repainted. This gives a completly new ambiance to the rooms.