“Commendable Service and Staff”

MainStay Suites Charlotte
Ranked #108 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Harrisburg, PA
“Commendable Service and Staff”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My family and I stayed at the MainStay Suite in Charlotte, NC the weekend of Mother's Day until the weekend after and I have to commend a few of the staff members, which are Rene Chavez, Kiasha, Charlie, Julio and Micah, who went far and beyond to make my family and myself stay there a very comfortable one. They staff I have mentioned are friendly, accommodating, shows concern and make sure that everything is up to par in your rooms. There was nothing extra that I asked them for that they didn't make sure that it was done in an orderly fashion. I would definitely stay there again on my next trip to Charlotte, NC. I just want to say thanks to all that I mentioned above for helping me and my family and making sure that we were comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
MainStayCLT, General Manager at MainStay Suites Charlotte, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
I would like to Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. Its nice to get good feedback and to know that our staff is doing a great job. Please come back and see us when traveling through Charlotte.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Iowa
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The reviews we read can't be real. The hallway stunk so bad we had to hold our nose when going to our room. The stained furniture is discussing. The towels are old and stained also. The bathroom is wallpapered if that gives you any idea when the last time they had a update. No exhaust fan for the bathroom. The air conditioner is a unit on the outside wall and then a fan in the wall between the living space and bedroom. It's stuck in the 1980's. I just hope we did bring anything away from there that is contagious. For the $99. a night we will be staying somewhere else the next time through.

Room Tip: Don't stay here I was afraid to walk on the dark carpeting after seeing how stained the furnitur...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cookiedear
I do appreciate your comments, I am not sure what took place during your stay because our guest are usually extreemely happy with their stay. However, I do realize that our decor is somewhat dated but our rooms are quites spacious and clean. Good news though, we are starting renovations this month that will include carpet and the bathroom wallpaper, along with other great things. We take pride in our hotel and normally we exceed our guest expectations. We would like for you to give us another try......I would like to offer you a night on us-please give me a call if you are coming back to Charlotte and mention the Trip Advisor comment and I will have you be my guest. Renovations should be completed by March 1st 2014. Thank you!
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This facility is clean and features clean, spacious rooms with nicely equipped kitchens and well equipped bathrooms. Unfortunately the beds are harder than concrete flooring. We found the staff polite but lacking in efficiency and willingness to resolve problems. We did not have an opportunity to sample breakfast the next morning.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your comments on your stay while you were in Charlotte. There are many other hotels that you could have chosen. We are glad you chose us. I apologize that you did not sleep comfortably-the bed was a new Serta mattress- maybe thats why it seemed hard, we usually do not have complaints about the mattresses but its good to know that not all are comfortable. As for the staff, normally they would have asked if you would like to switch rooms but perhaps we didnt have any available. I will insure that in the future they know how to handle the situation. Please accept our apologies, and please come see us again.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Convenient location to freeway and access to downtown. "Deluxe" breakfast was not- standard fare with waffles, cereals, breads, yogurt, coffee (bad), juices, and apples. Rooms were clean with kitchenette providing utensils, microwave, dishwasher, frig, cook top, coffee maker, etc. We weren't able to use the pool as it was raining most days of the stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I would like to Thank You for taking your time to comment on your stay. We consider our Hotel to be a friendly, hospitable home away from home. Our rooms are very spacious and we offer a great value. Since you did not get to use the pool, please come back on your next visit to Charlotte. We are excited about renovations that we are getting completed by March 1st, 2014. Not only will we have spacious rooms but also relaxing with a new look. Come back and see us.
Tabor City, North Carolina
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We almost didn't stay here, because of a horrid experience with another hotel in this chain. This hotel restored our faith in the chain. The staff bend over backwards to be sure you have a great stay, and the hotel is very clean. The room we stayed in wasn't new, but it was throughly cleaned and very spacious. In addition, it is close enough to Carowinds to see the fireworks show. If we return to Charlotte, we will certainly stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jandcprince
Thank you so much for your lovely comments on your stay back in June. We so appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. We try to make our guest feel like they are at home while staying at our property. We hope that you will come back and stay with us when you are traveling back through Charlotte. We are starting renovations with a newer, fresher look and hope to see you again soon. Thank you again.
Eden, North Carolina
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was my first time ever staying at a Mainstay Suite. I was only there one night but I would definitely stay again. It was nice and spacious. I was impressed. The size of the kitchenette was really nice. Dishwasher, full size fridge, etc. A very nice place to relax.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
MainStayCLT, General Manager at MainStay Suites Charlotte, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
I would like to Thank you for your comments about our hotel- we like to hear that people enjoy what we have to offer. A nice,clean and spacious room at a good value. We look forward to seeing you in your future visits to Charlotte.
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We really had a nice time! Our kids enjoyed it. It was clean and everyone was so nice to us. Very happy with our experience. Our kitten was very pleased as well. The breakfast was yummy and our space was perfect. The kids enjoyed tv time and relaxing.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Kjurick
MainStayCLT, General Manager at MainStay Suites Charlotte, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for your recent compliments about your stay at Mainstay Suites. We appreciate you taking your time to give us your feedback. Our goal is to make our guest feel the comfort of home and to give you a good experience. We hope that in the future trips to Charlotte, you will make a return visit to our hotel.