“CIAA Experience”

MainStay Suites Charlotte
Ranked #108 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Main Stay suites was very roomy, clean and the staff was great. They had a reception on Wednesday night and the food, wine and service was great. I enjoyed the workout room that had just enough to get my heart rate up. The room was very clean and the wait staff was on point every morning. We were close to all the main attractions and location was very important for me. I will definetly book a room early for next year CIAA experience.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank Marian R
There are newer reviews for MainStay Suites Charlotte

Reviewed February 29, 2012

My husband and i was searching for a night place to lay our heads as we were passing through Charlotte,N.C.... As we pulled up to a number of hotels such as the Hyatt ,Staybridge and the Marriott, we also saw the Mainstay Suites, the outside of the hotel was very neat and the parking lot was very clean, I get out to ask, for prices and I was greeted with a warm welcome a big smile from the Front Desk Clerk by the name of Mary, she was very knowledgeable of the hotel, places to eat and our needs... I was so impressed.... "very" I must say, my husbad recently had a major surgey on his lungs and was very tired from our ride! She was helpful in putting us on the first floor so we didnt have far to walk, she offered to carry our bags to our room, she also gave us a list of menu's to places that deliver so we wouldn't have to drive, she also called our room to make sure that the room met our needs and to see if there was anything else we needed before she left from ending her shift. We travel alot being that our children are grown and resides in other states.. This was the first time I've ever felt at home in a hotel and had such warm and outstanding customer service!To Ms.Mary our hats are off to you..... Thank you soo very much! We filled out a comment card and left it at the front desk in hopes for all to see.On our way back we will be staying again at the Mainstay Suites and hopeing that we receive that same warm welcome again.I jus wanted to say if youe ever travleing to Charlotte stop by check-in and experience such Excellent Customer Service from a professional! Mrs Willaims

Room Tip: The first floor was very quiet and very accesable to the on site market, laundry room and the workou...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Nan w
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I was looking for an extended stay type property under the choice hotels brand and stumbled upon this Main Stay Suites. I had never stayed at a main stay before so I was curious to see how it would compare to an Extended Stay America property or Candlewood property. I was satisfied with what I got. They offered a small breakfast in the morning and also a manager's reception on wednesday evenings. The room was a decent size with fridge, stove top, microwave and toaster. There was also a dishwasher in the room which you dont get at most extended stay facilities. The room was clean smelled ok and the staff was very nice and friendly. I will continue to stay at this property when working for long periods of time in the Charlotte area because of the value I get for the price paid.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank 247HardWorker
Reviewed December 15, 2011

We booked this hotel for a nights stay on our way home from Florida to visit Carowinds using Priceline's "Name your Price". They had it rated as a 2 star hotel, and it surpassed that and more. It was very modern, a ton of amenities for a basic room, and very well located; close to food and Carowinds.

The staff was incredible. We were greeted as soon as we walked in the hotel, and he kindly asked if we needed any assistance getting our luggage to our room. The elevator had issues the next morning, and the attendant called us to let us know it was not working, and offered to assist with getting stuff down to our car.

If I am in the Charlotte area again, this is definitely where I will be staying.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kingsrattler
Reviewed December 8, 2011

Friendly and comfortable, clean place. It was our third time this fall and we were happy to be back.

Room Tip: This time we had the option to choose a more upgraded room, it was totally worth.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank jeannette m
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We spent only one night here on our way out of the area, but this would be the place for an extended stay. We had a one-room studio with two queen beds. It had a full kitchen that was nicely equipped with all of the dishware, cookware, and appliances you could want, including a full-size fridge with icemaker.

The living area was furnished with an eating bar, TV that could swivel to face the beds also, sleeper couch, coffee table, and armchair. The upholstery was a bit worn and the drapes were an ugly pattern, but everything was clean. Bedding was also nothing to write home about, but was clean and comfortable. I saw a sign that stated some of the rooms had been remodeled, and the photos on the website show rooms with a more updated decor. Regardless, we slept well and could've easily spent more time there comfortably.

In addition to the ability to cook in your room, the MainStay also offered a Continental breakfast. Pretty standard stuff, but it was plentiful and in a pleasant and clean dining area with fresh flowers on the tables. The location didn't appear to have much of a draw, but there was easy access to 485 and 77. We got to the airport in about 15 mins of easy highway driving.

Room Tip: We had a second-floor room somewhat near the stairs, which made it quiet and easy to get to the brea...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank summercamper
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Great prices for nice rooms with really comfortable beds. I'd go back for sure.

• Stayed: July 2011