“Very accommodating-nice stay.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #96 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
Brunswick, OH
“Very accommodating-nice stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2011

We were given a pleasant greeting by Brian who was very helpful with meeting my special requests and happy to answer questions regarding local restaurants.

The rooms and hallways were clean. We were concerned about children running loudly in the hallways but it stopped quickly-possibly handled by the staff?

The breakfast was adequate but I wouldn't say "deluxe".

We would definitely stay at this location again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2011

On my way to Atlanta I stayed at the MainStay Suites in Charlotte. My experience: Very clean hotel and rooms, comfortable beds, good breakfast, and maybe one of the best and friendliest staffs I have ever encountered at a hotel. The suite had divided rooms that made sleeping easy for our group. Great stay. Well worth the cost. I will stay there any time I am back in Charlotte.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Fort Mill, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2010

My husband and I came here while waiting to close on our new house. We found everything to be near perfect, from our accommodations to the friendliness of the staff. We checked in on a Wednesday, exhausted from hours of driving, and were told that a free manager's buffet would be served that night (and every Wednesday). What a way to begin our stay! During the week+ spent here we enjoyed everything about this place. It is convenient to shopping, the suite is large and could easily accommodate all of our belongings (which was a lot due to our move), and the hotel staff are all so friendly and helpful. Especially considering how low our daily rate is, this hotel is a terrific value.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2010

I was in Charlotte for a night for a tennis tournament, and traveling with my three kids. I booked a 2 room suite, 2 queen beds and a sofabed with full kitchen for $75.

At that price point, you are never sure what you are going to get. I was very pleased with (1) the cleanliness of the room, especially the bathroom and kitchen. (2) The sofabed had clean sheets and a pillow (can't always count on that). (3) The staff was very helpful and accommodating. (4) The pool was clean and we had no problems getting towels from the front desk. (5) Free wired and wireless internet in the room. There was an option to pay for a faster speed, but I didn't have a problem with the speed of the free service. I even took my laptop to the pool and worked there with no problem.

The breakfast was serviceable. For $75 I don't expect cooked to order breakfast. With my kids, as long as you have a waffle maker, you are good. And they did. The dining area was clean, which is most important to me.

Of course, at this price there are going to be some small things that you wish could be better. The sofa and chair in our room had some stains on them. The office chair wobbled a bit. The walls were a bit thin and so sounds from other rooms echoed around a bit. One of our neighbors called the front desk to complain that we were making too much noise even though the noise was coming from the room on the floor above. If you are a light sleeper, that could be an issue. It didn't bother me or my kids.

But relative to the positives I note above, these were minor problems. I would stay again for sure.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2010

My pregnant wife and I stayed here for 2 months while our house was being built. The staff was VERY friendly and accommodating during our stay. They made us feel at home and we were very sad to leave! Some things that really stood out from our experience:

- Every Wednesday there is a Manager's Reception downstairs with great food and drinks. My wife and I were pleasantly surprised by the selection and variety from week to week. Some things were organic and they had good beer (like Guiness, Tecate, etc) and wine.
- The continental breakfast every morning is your standard Waffles, Fruit, Oatmeal, Bagels, Yogurt, Cereal, Coffee, etc. It was very nice to have free breakfast.
- Free Wireless Internet. Some hotels are charging a daily internet fee and all those little things add up.
- Great location: Easy access to highway 77 and 485. Only about 10 minutes from uptown and about 5 minutes to Carowinds.
- The room was very spacious with a queen size bed, closet, fold out sofa, TV w/ DVD, full size fridge, 2 burner stove, dishwasher, cabinets, and basic kitchen needs. The even supply dishwasher detergent and paper towels!
- Excellent cleaning service. My wife and I felt very comfortable staying here for 2 months. Pool was well maintained and always stocked with towels.
- The maintenance was especially friendly and would always assist my pregnant wife when she need help carrying laundry and other items while I was at work. He was very professional and would have a female staff member with him when walking with my wife so that she would feel safe.
- All of the staff members were ALWAYS courteous and warm. Like I said before, they really made us feel at home.

This place is a GREAT VALUE and has excellent management. I would definitely recommend staying here to a friend, family member, or a complete stranger!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Luke_and_Kat
Manning, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2010

We meet the hotel maintanceman at the pool who apologized for the pool being a little cloudy due to some maintance problems earlier that day. The maintanceman picked up paper that was left by the pool and continued to straighten up the pool area to maintain a clean and safe area. The next morning we went down to breakfast at 9:10 unaware that breakfast was over at 9:00 (I misread the breakfast sign the night before). There we meet the nicest lady who was in the process to put away the breakfast items. She ask if we needed waffle mix and poured us up three cups and ask if we needed any more milk for the cerel. We were simply amazed at the kindness that the staff showed while your visit. I feel that both employee went above and beyond their duties for the guest...

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank overlysatisfied
Cary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2009

The hotel was great. The rooms were nice, clean and well kept. The staff were extremely helpful and could not have been nicer. I'd be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family