“Excellent Place to Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85 / I-485

Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85 / I-485
Ranked #54 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
Gastonia, North Carolina
“Excellent Place to Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

Last night was my first time staying at Wingate by Wyndhan Charlotte Airport 1-85/1-485 Hotel. It was a very clean, nice and quiet facility. The staff was very professional and eager to please the residents. Even though I only stayed one night, I do plan to return and highly recommend it to my family and friends.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank M H
THESALESOFFICE, Director of Sales at Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85 / I-485, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for your very kind review! We pride ourselves in location service and value and thank you for continuing to share your story about us. We look forward to the opportunity in hosting you again at the closest Wyndham hotel to Charlotte Douglas International Airport.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

During the winter storm, I was stranded in Charlotte as I was not able to catch my connecting flight to montreal. The airline put me up at the Wingate near the airport. I was expecting the worst.

However I was pleasantly surprised. For a budget hotel the room was clean and relatively spaceous. The staff was helpful and curteous.

The bathroom was clean and seemed to have been redone and probably the room as well. The furniture was classic but for the one night stay it was good. The room was equipped with wifi, fridge, wireless phone, desk, and flatscreen tv.

The gym is pretty big and has several machines with integrated TV for some of the machines as well as a large flat screen on the wall. The pool was not open at this time.

Breakfast is included in the stay.

The downside was that you can hear people in the hall and flushing in other rooms.

In summary, better than than expected.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hello! Nothing worse than being delayed to your final destination however we are grateful to have had the opportunity to introduce you to our brand and location. We pride ourselves in location service and value and hope you will continue to share your story with fellow travelers. We look forward to the opportunity in hosting you again at the closest Wyndham hotel to Charlotte Douglas International Airport.
Vero Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

The room was very clean; bathroom had a handicap shower access not sure if that was the only room available but that was a bit odd; Room had refrig, coffee maker, iron, blow dryer, large bathroom; The desk clerk recommended ordering out to eat from Bankers since it was late at night; it was good seafood...

Drivers of shuttle very courteous ......pleasant stay

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
THESALESOFFICE, Director of Sales at Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85 / I-485, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for allowing us to host you on your most recent stay! I understand that a handicap room would not be ideal when not origionall booking one. I hope that this wasn't too much of an inconvenience to you as we will be sure to adjust our room pairing technique upon your next stay with us. I am certainly happy to hear that the recommendation on the local restaurant was an excellent choice. Thank you for your time in providing feedback about your stay and we would be honored to have the opportunity in hoping you again soon!
Roanoke
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

My family of 5 stayed at this Wingate for 2 nights. First night was before we flew out of Charlotte to go to out of the country. The second night was the night was our return into Charlotte. The hotel is fairly modern in appearance. I was pleasantly surprised how clean the overall facility was. Apparently, a lot of pilots stay at this hotel since it is right across the street from the airport (3 minute shuttle ride).

Check in was a breeze and they were able to give us adjoining rooms (we had 2 families as 1 group). The room was quite large. We had a king bed with a pull out sleeper sofa. The king bed was clean and comfortable. We didn't have enough pillows but the staff provided us with extra. The pillows were a bit on the "fluffy" side which is better that having flat ones. The pull out sofa mattress was the typical thin pad thats about 6 inches thick. My son didn't complain about it being uncomfortable though.

The breakfast was totally different for each of our two mornings. The first was not appealing at all. The second though had scrambled eggs and bacon. They have the typical muffins/pastries, toast, yogurt, waffle maker, etc that you will find in most hotels of this category.

I was able to leave my car in the hotel parking lot during our vacation (all week) with no problems. I was a bit worried because the area around this hotel is a bit "sketchy" in appearance. But my car seemed untouched and was exactly the way I left it. Very nice feature for us to take advantage of.

We usually don't fly out of another city but because this trip was on Christmas week, connecting flights out of our home city were a nightmare. If needed, I would would gladly book this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind review! I am happy to hear that your stay with us was convenient and that you had no problems while traveling. We do take great pride in our hotel and I'm sorry to hear that your two experiences with our breakfast were inconsistent. On behalf of all of us, I sincerely apologize as a good breakfast is the best start to your day. We will be improving the consistence of our breakfast and I appreciate your feedback. We would be honored to welcome you back time and time again! Thank you for your time in writing your review about your recent stay. We hope to see you again soon!