“Excellent hotel, with great service!”

Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85 / I-485
Ranked #62 of 180 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed May 15, 2011

On May 11, 2011, we took a group of Pine Valley Methodist Church senior citizens, from Wilmington, NC, to visit the Billy Graham Library. Sight unseen, we selected the Wingate by Wyndham, which advertises itself as the closest hotel to the Library.
Working with the hotel Sales Manager, Dottie Hammond, we made the arrangements for our group to use the hotel. There is always some concern when making arrangememts for a group of seniors, but this time everything worked out fine. Beginning with front desk clerk, LaShandra, ever detail of our stay was perfect.
Each person was responsible for making their reservationis, and not one single reservation had a problem. Every reservation was just as the group members had made them, and, as a result, check-in was smooth and efficient.
The hotel staff was able to make suggestions for dinner, complete with very accurate directions.
Rooms were large, modern, very clean, and came equipped with TV, microwave, refrigerator, and free high speed internat connections.
Beds were very comfortable and the rooms were exceptionally quiet, inspite of the hotel being under the flightpath for Charlotte Douglas Airport.
A small, but adequate fitness center, with a hot tub, is available.
An extended continental breakfast is available, with eggs, sausage, cook-your-own waffles, various cereals, fruit, sweet rolls, bread for toast, english muffins, and bagels.
Hotel staff made sure that adequate food was available right up to the end of breakfast time.
If we bring a group back to Charlotte again, and plan to be in this area of the city especially the Billy Graham Library, we will definitely plan to return to the Wingate by Wyndham.

Room Tip: All rooms seem equal here.
  • Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank SquareCaller
THESALESOFFICE, Director of Sales at Wingate By Wyndham Charlotte Airport I-85 / I-485, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2011

We are honored beyond words and thank you for taking the time to post your review. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your wonderful guests again in the very near future...

Reviewed February 27, 2011

This hotel is very quiet, clean, safe, and located close to Charlotte Douglas International Airport. However, the best asset of this hotel property is the professional, friendly hotel staff. Every member of the staff; Front desk, shuttle drivers, housekeeping, and management will go "above and beyond" to welcome you.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Windsheargame

Ireland what a wonderful trip that must have been....Thank you for choosing our Park and Fly package. We hope you continue to spread the word about our property and look forward to meeting you again.

Reviewed January 19, 2011

We stayed here basically because it had the Park and Fly option, where you can stay, then leave your car and get a shuttle to and from the airport. The price was a good deal, but when you throw in the parking and shuttle it is a great deal! The room was very nice, and a good place to sleep. We weren't bothered by the airport noise at all. We didn't get a chance to try the complimentary breakfast because we had to leave at 5 AM. When we got back after a full day of traveling from Dublin, Ireland, we made a call and was quickly picked up by Jay, their van driver, who really was a great welcome back to North Carolina. Overall, this is a really nice place and run by people who you can tell care. It would be rated higher on here I have to believe if it was only rated based on their current owners, who according to the front desk took over about three years ago. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mbhockey13
Reviewed January 2, 2011

We arrived late in the evening the night before our flight to Punta Cana and were promptly checked in and in our room within 10 minutes of parking our car. We made a reservation for the shuttle to the airport the next day and got a great night's sleep. Our room was very clean and comfortable and the breakfast the next morning before our flight was excellent. The shuttle left right on time and got us to the airport within 10 minutes.
When we returned I called the hotel and the shuttle picked us up after only a few minutes wait at the pick-up zone and delivered us right to our car. We were on our way back home in less then 45 minutes after landing in Charlotte - and that counted clearing customs.
I highly recommend this hotel and their Park and Fly Package for anyone flying out of Charlotte as everyone from the front desk to the shuttle drivers was courteous and friendly.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MexTravlr

Our drivers take great pride in respecting our guests valued time and I am happy to hear it does not go unnoticed...We hope you had an amazing vacation and look forward to welcoming you back again

Reviewed October 27, 2010

Checked out 5am 10/26/10
Overal fine, upon checkout I wanted a receipt printed out.
The counter help said I should have gotten one in my email, to which I said ok, but would you print one out anyway. "Ok, but it will be blank". I find it suspicious that any hospitality front counter staff member cannot access the most simple of records. I smell lazy. I won't be back, there's a lot of other cheaper hotels near Charlottes airport, you can do more with your money, and not have indifferent staff.

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank zippy98562365

I thank you for taking the time to write a review and am sorry to hear we failed you in our service...It appears this was a result of training and I will address this with my team to assure this does not happen again. I take full responsibility for my teams error and have no doubt it was an unpleasant moment for you and for her not having the tools to ressolve this.

Reviewed October 6, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 3 days and 2 nights in October 2010. The room was immaculate, very large, and very quiet. All of the staff members I encountered during the three days were genuine, kind, helpful, and professional. The complimentary breakfast was the best I have ever seen offered at any hotel in the world.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank imeatingmynapkin

In the world? WOW! Thank you for your very kind words....We hope to welcome you again!

Reviewed October 5, 2010

Our son got married the last weekend of September, Knowning there would be lots of house guests & visitors, we decided to stay at Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport. Yes, it was near the airport but, not once while in our room did we hear a plane. The room was very peaceful, but very relaxing & comfortable. The bed was so cuddley, I wanted to take it home. The rooms decor was extremely nice, loved the bedding & drapes! I took pictures so I could incorporate some of the decor in to one of my guest rooms at home! There was also a very relaxing sitting area that my husband worked on the vows to the wedding (He was the minister, and the proud dad). There was also a large desk in the room. The room itself was quite large (we had the king), and there was plenty of room for all our belongings. The room was very clean and fresh smelling! We felt very safe, even in the parking lot. The free breakfast included eggs, sausage, oatmeal, bagels,french toast, cereals, toast and make your own waffles, plus much more! Juices, milk, coffees, tea,etc! But most of all the breakfast features items that were friendly to diabetics! The Staff was very repectful, kind, helpful and friendly! You couldn't find a rude face in this hotel any where. The staff was so friendly, it rubbed off on the guests too. When I return, I will return to the Windgate by Wyndham. Oh did I mention there was restaurants near by! This is a very charming & affordable place to stay!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple