“Great place for an afternoon stroll”
Review of Freedom Park

Freedom Park
Ranked #5 of 177 things to do in Charlotte
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great place for an afternoon stroll”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Centered slightly out of "uptown" Charlotte with a lake as a focal point, the park is a great place to stroll. Families often relax there and there are many events through the year. One of my favorites is Art in the Park. Parking can be challenging.

Visited September 2012

20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Beautiful Park”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Very big and wonderful park. Something for everyone and not to mention just gorgeous to look at.. Perfect for a family picnic or an afternoon or early morning walk.

Visited November 2012
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great Park for Active Families”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

A date brought me here for an afternoon picnic. The weather was great and there was convenient parking. Lots of shelter areas and stand alone picnic tables/benches. Also, open areas to run and play. There were a lot of families out (on a week day) enjoying the playground and paths. A lot of walkers, runners, and bikers were out. I noticed a kiosk with bike rentals available. I plan on returning with my daughter for a fun day at the park.

Visited July 2013
charlotte
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Good for walking but not that many bathroom facilities”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I like that they have "cleaned" after the canadian gueese. I like to walk here but I love more the surrounding houses and exercising there. Since I don't live there I enjoy the change of scenery for myself and hubby.

Visited August 2012
Horsham, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Freedom park”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

It was a very very hot day, freedom park had been recommended to us, saying it was just a nice place to be. Well it was nothing special I'm afraid... We are from England..UK and we know how to do a park!!! There was no where to get an ice-cream or drink, if you wanted food you have to walk quite a way up the road to find some. On the plus for the people living in the area, it is a good green space for walking the dog or jogging. We got bitten by a lot of Mosquitos!!!!!

Visited July 2013