“Just what we were looking for!”

Nana's Soul Food Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 2,585 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 22, 2014

After a long day of travel we were ready for a good southern meal and we were not disappointed at Nana's! The portions were huge and everything we had was delicious! We both had fried chicken and the pieces were huge and moist. I enjoyed some delicious greens and black eyed peas and my husband had mashed potatoes with chunks of potato and cole slaw. All the sides were huge servings and the meals were served with cornbread (also delicious) and a drink. Definitely a great meal!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Went back again and the food was GREAT. Good portions for the money, hot, and tasty. Cafeteria styled so you can actually see the food before you choose your options. Can't wait until our next trip to Charlotte!

1  Thank Roadie27
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We read a lot of reviews about this place and decided to check it out. The food was good and had some interesting flavors. Personally, I found it a little too oily. The ambiance is more like that of a fast food chain. Not sure if I want to go back there again, but once was fun.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Found Nana's on Trip Advisor, thought we would give it a shot. We were greeted very friendly when we walked in the door, the food is served like a cafeteria, where it's pre cooked and on a steam table. My wife and I got a large plate which included two meats with two sides and a drink. I got bar b q chicken. smothered pork chop with cabbage and black eyed peas. I had to add salt and pepper to the cabbage and the black eyed peas they were good, the chicken was ok, the Smothered Pork Chop however was excellent. My wife got fried chicken, bar b q chicken with black eyed peas and mashed potatoes and gravy. She liked the fried chicken ok, everything else was pretty standard for her. We got dessert, my bead pudding was very good the bourbon sauce was great, my wife got peach cobbler and she said I was ok. I have to say that my standards for Soul Food are very high, because my Grandmother was one of the best Soul Food Cooks ever, everywhere I go, I try an visit Soul Food restaurants everywhere we go, so I know how my Grandmother compares to all of these places, going to take a lot more love in the food. The portion size was very good and the restaurant was very clean.

Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Who knew you could get so many yummy options from a small strip mall location. The large plate option is the way to go. You get two meats and two double portion sides. We had fried and baked chicken, fried catfish, smothered pork chop, mac & cheese, collard greens, green beans, yams, cornbread and a dinner roll. All items were delicious. The catfish was the best. It was made fresh when I ordered. The service was also good. We would definitely go back again.