“Nana's good food”

Nana's Soul Food Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 2,448 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Nana's Soul Food was a great choice. My family and I ate here for the first time. Each food item was prepared with love it seems, because every item we tasted was very good and well seasoned. The yams are especially good. If you have a taste for Soul Food - try Nana's.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

great mac and cheese... big portions very close to hotel and good staff. prices were reasonable... we went around 8:00 pm

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I've grown up on soul food my entire life. Yes, the food was absolutely the best! The smothered pork chops and mac and cheese was just like my grandma's. Let me comment on something that is usually not discussed. The atmosphere was extremely comfortable. They had five large TV's with a variety of programs to choose from. The restaurant felt warm and cozy because of its decor. The greeter was friendly and very informative about the menu. This is my new spot. I'm guessing it is probably off the hook on Sundays because it is so cozy here and the food is good. I wonder if they will start passing out pillows at the conclusion of your meal? I loved it.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

I had lunch there a couple of times. Love the food and friendly service. The owner always greets the customers when possible. Top notch.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Nana's has a great variety of food even beyond soul food including pasta, and curry chicken. I have had the ribs and i must say they are full of flavor and very tender. The curry chicken is very flavorful as well. The macaroni and cheese is delicious too. The greens are a little sweet as opposed to sour. The prices arent too bad, about $10-$12 for a plate with an entree and two sides but they give you a large amount of food which lasts me two meals. I'll go for lunch and save the rest for dinner. The seating area is spacious and there are a few flat screen tvs to watch a variety of shows while you eat or you can use the seating area outside under an umbrella and watch the traffic go buy. You get a 2nd floor view so you are not bothered too much by noise or smells. They mentioned to me last time I went that they are opening a new upscale restuarant uptown charlotte with valet parking available. Nana's is one of my regular stops and I cant wait to check out thier new place.