“Good Breakfast and Good Prices!”
Review of Brigs of Ballantyne - CLOSED

Brigs of Ballantyne
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Great service, Great food, good coffee. What else do you want. You can't eat the decor! Been to Brigs about 6 times. Everything is delicious!

There are newer reviews for Brigs of Ballantyne

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Our first Brig breakfast experience was great! They have a large selection and it all sounds great so its hard to decide. I went with my husband and we both were pleased with the quality of the food and the service was outstanding. I have also been there for lunch with coworkers and we had a similar experience. I would definitely recommend it!

Reviewed June 17, 2012

The best thing about Brigs is the large selection of eggs benedicts on the menu. They also feature special varieties of benedicts as specials that are not on the regular menu. One benedict is more than enough for one person, and perfect to split between two people if you want to add a side of pancakes, french toast, bacon, etc. The homefries are delightfully greasy and a generous side of fruit accompanies the benedicts as well.

Having eaten there twice, the pancakes are somewhat disappointing as they are huge and too thick. Personally, I prefer thinner and smaller cakes. I wonder if the quality is consistent? When I used to wait tables, it always amazed me how some of the line cooks put out perfect cakes and others made gigantic monstrosities. Bigger isn't always better.

Brigs isn't open for dinner, but they do have quite a selection of sanwiches, which I would try if I ever ate lunch in restaurants. The interior is new and has a slightly industrial feel to it, which creates an element of interest not typical of a breakfast place. Service is lackluster and could be friendlier. I can't wait to try one of the many varieties of scrambles and omelets on their menu.

JeriWB.com Teacher Writer Traveler

Reviewed May 30, 2012

We went to breakfast at Brigs on Memorial Day, and were extremely glad that we opted to skip IHOP and go here instead, at the recommendation of family. I had the best pecan pancakes that I've ever had in my life, and my daughter said that her omelette was the best she'd ever had! I plan to return to Brigs on my next visit to Charlotte. Nothing fancy, but great food, large portions, and reasonable prices. We had to wait about 10-15 minutes for a table, but it was worth the wait. Go for it - you won't be disappointed...

bb

Reviewed May 6, 2012

Brigs may be becoimg our favorite Charlotte breakfast place, The food is very good and the service good (even if they didn't bring my grits) in this family friendly place. The crab and shrimp benedict was excellent, as was the western omelette.