“excellent food , engaged management” 4 of 5 bubbles

Mezzanotte Ristorante & Pizzeria
Ranked #552 of 2,340 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sharon Amity
Charlotte, North Carolina
“excellent food , engaged management”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

Nice contemporary bistro ambiance and friendly welcome. All of us thought the food was excellent. I had linguine with white clam sauce, clams were plentiful and all in shells, (no minced clams for volume ), pasta was perfect al dente. Wine list was a bit pricey, if you have entrees in the teens as they do, there should be some twenty something bottles of wine for diners on a budget. I would characterize the service as inexperienced, orders were taken promptly and wine was served professionally and whilst I do not like incessant checking we never saw our waiter again and we needed another glass of wine during the entrée. However the Manager saved the day and upon request delivered a new glass and a generous pour in 30 seconds. After paying the bill the manager also asked us to enjoy a complimentary shared dessert followed by a warm hand shake when we left, nice touch. Would definitely go back and if the standard is maintained I am sure we will become regulars.

• Visited July 2013

Charlotte, NC
“Great wood fired pizza and kids eat free on Mondays!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

Pleasantly surprised. This was our second visit. First time was just after they opened and it was unremarkable with subpar service. This time however we ordered one of their pizza specials. It was honestly the most authentic pizza I've had in Charlotte. To make it even better we went on a Monday when kids eat free. The free kids pizza was huge and just as high of quality as the one we shared. Since we just had water we walked out of the restaurant for well under $20 before tip and had a mountain of leftovers. Dinner also came with breadsticks and olive oil. The service that was slow on our first trip was also vastly improved. Our waters were filled multiple times without needing to ask and we had multiple servers stopping by to help deliver and clear the table throughout the meal. Headed back tonight which is what made me finally decide to review them on TA.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank VCharlotte
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Didn't make it passed the can of soda”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Thought we would try it we drive by it everyday. Standard American Italian menu, we order a Coca Cola and a Diet Coke. We were brought us a can of each. The top of the Diet Coke was dirty and had to ask for a clean can of Diet Coke. That was enough we left never to return!

• Visited February 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Take-out food was so terrible I drove back to the restaurant to return it.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I placed a take-out order that was not ready when I arrived. It took 25 additional minutes- a total of 35 minutes beyond when promised over the phone.
Once home I saw the food was not edible: all dishes were ice cold, and both entrees burned all the way on the outside of the dish. It looked disgusting- the ravioli appeared to have been burned, microwaved, possibly dropped on the floor (some non-food debris in the dish) and then given to me. I could not feed this to my family. I drove back to Mezzanote to return the food (if you can call it that) and get a refund. They should be ashamed of themselves. I will not return, and will tell everyone I know to avoid that place!

“Bad smelly seafood”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Service was bad we waited45min to get food that was cold plus ther was not a manager to solv the problem very disapointed I will newer comeback

• Visited September 2012