“This is the best local japanese restaurant in town!”

Tanaka's Grill & Sushi
Ranked #446 of 2,404 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Description: This a great place that was taken over by new owners over 18 months ago. Since then this is by FAR the best Hibachi in Charlotte. No question. Can you please add this to your list of restaurants? Other people need to know about this place!
“This is the best local japanese restaurant in town!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I ate here on a Saturday night and had a nice time. I work in a restaurant so I have high expectations most of the time. I had sushi and he tried the chicken hibachi. There was a few people dining in and I like that it is nice and relaxing and not too crazy! Our server/cashier was a younger gentlemen with very polite manners. The price was good and not too high. I got my sushi which was meant to be fried but I got mine raw. I thought everything tasted amazing except for the fact it only came with five pieces. The only downside to the sushi was the way it was cut. It was very thick to where I at one point I almost choked! I don't want to have to cut my sushi in half but I had to do that to eat it. My boyfriends hibachi on the other hand was very very good! He had noodles and rice as the side and the chicken was nice and tender. My favorite is the sauce they give which I have called "yum yum" sauce it is so creamy and tasty! I would and have recommended this spot to my friends here! If you want a nice quiet spot to eat sushi/hibachi I would tell you to go here! I will definetly come back, we were thinking of it tonight for dinner!

• Visited July 2013

Charleston, SC
“Best sushi in Charlotte!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

This place is hands down the best sushi in Charlotte. Always fresh. SOB and Cahrlie Sheen roles were awesome.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Tanaka's Take Out is the BEST!”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My wife and I used to live in Charlotte right across the road from Tanaka's. We used to love to get take out from them and bring it home. Between the two of us and my Brother, his wife and family, I think we probably kept this little Japanese restaurant in business. Their teppanyaki dishes are fantastic and my family loves thier sushi. It is just a small little place with a few tables in the corner of a strip mall, but we love that place! So if you love cheap japanese take out & sushi, then Tanaka's in North Charlotte is a great place to check out!

• Visited December 2011
Charlotte
“Excellent place to eat”
Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

We eat here on a regular basis. The place is low key, great food and cheap. There can be a long wait for your food on the weekend but it is worth it.

Cleveland, Ohio
“Superb”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Pleasant staff with superb food, however portions could be a bit more generous