“OUR FIRST EXPERIENCE”

Stewart Penick's Terrace
Reserve with OpenTable
Stewart Penick's Terrace is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #274 of 2,585 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Johnston rd.
Description: Distinctive Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch and Dinner destination! We offer a menu that is both unique and eclectic and an atmosphere that is quaint and welcoming - perfect for friends and families. Breakfast is served all day on Sunday. We use the freshest ingredients and everything is made in-house including our jams, dressings, sausage and desserts. If you can't dine in, we offer our full menu to-go along with our specialty coffees.Unforgettable breakfasts like Lemon Poppy Seed French Toast, Filet Medallion Eggs Benedict & Red Velvet Waffles. As well as specialty drinks like Bacon Bloody Mary. Lunch treats include Angus Burger and Buffalo Chicken Sandwich. Try one of our fresh salads or daily specials. All fresh & made from scratch.For dinner, indulge in famous Terrace Fried Chicken or Shrimp and Grits. Entrees start at $13. Don't forget to try are artisan coffees. Enjoy drinks after work, cocktails with friends, or a glass of wine at dinner, with our full bar & daily drink specials! Terrace level is available for private parties & meetings.
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Eating at the cafe even though we have lived in the general area for a few years.It's a little pricey for breakfast but once you start eating you quickly realize it's worth it.The food was terrific and add to that a wonderful waiter and you had a formula for a great eating experience.It does have outside seating but looks out onto a parking lot.so don't expect a view.Over all we highly recommend this establishment.We intent on going back for dinner.For breakfast try and avoid Sunday around noon....very crowded.

Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

I've visited this restaurant over 6-7 times since moving to Charlotte earlier this year. I've been there for brunch, lunch, dinner and just for drinks. The atmosphere is great and the menu has a little bit of everything for everyone.
The food is delicious. The service is fast and very courteous. It's just as great for families (brunch is awesome) as it is for eating by yourself. When it's not too cold, they have live music. Great also for families with children as they have a good number of high chairs and the waiters are very helpful. Overall, it's become a fav place to eat outside.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

This is a nice little cafe that features a unique menu and friendly service. On my first visit I had the fried chicken dinner and enjoyed it very much. I was seated outside on the patio, which is just OK since it essentially faces a parking lot. I also had the georgia peach salad which was excellent.
Strangely I came back about a week later and had the exact same combo and it wasn't quite as good. Not sure if they just had an off night but there was a definite difference in the taste of the salad and the chicken was good but not as good.
Regardless, this is a decent place to eat in this part of Charlotte and I'll be back to try some of their other dishes.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Just had lunch here with my wife. One of the specials was a Lobster/BLT with Sweet Potato Waffle Fries. Over the top in taste and freshness!!!! The bun was liked it was just baked. The lobster was so succulent. My wife had the Fried Oyster Salad. It was terrific as well. The staff is quite friendly. The atmosphere is upscale and the prices are reasonable. This is a very popular place, especially at Sunday brunch. We will go again for sure.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

A relaxing little spot for dinner. The food was good, I ordered the trout and it was cooked perfectly. As for the wine, I ordered a Pinot Noir, which sometimes can be hit or miss at a restaurant, but their selection was good and my wine was yummy and at the perfect temperature! The staff was friendly and informative about the area. Overall it was a delicious, easy evening at the Terrace Cafe.